Super Contributor

Good morning,  I have a 6s iPhone and installed the latest update last week. This morning I found a very important email in my junk email. I moved it to my inbox and it never showed up. I looked everywhere for it to no avail. To check what went wrong, I then tried to move another email in my junk email to my inbox. That one never showed up either. I have moved many an email to different folders before this latest update with no problems. Does anyone know how to fix this and tell me if my email is lost forever?

I am not tech savvy. Thank you. I'll check later for any responses. 

Trusted Contributor

@sundrops  I have an iphone 6 also that is updated. I just moved an email from Trash to Inbox without a problem. Not sure what is wrong with your phone. Sorry

Honored Contributor

Post in Apple's forums in the Using iPhone section. 

Your post is very detailed.  Suggest you copy/paste it onto Apple's forums. 

Make sure you add which email client you are using as well as version which is missing from your post.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I don't have an iphone so I"m just taking a stab here. Is there a way to mark the email as not junk? Maybe then it will move to the inbox on it's own or at least not disappear when you do move it.

Super Contributor

I want to thank all of you for your replies. I ended up calling Apple Support. The tech said that he couldn't retrieve the email. He screen shared with me and we took another email that I had in my inbox and we moved it to the junk folder. Then we tried to move it back to the inbox and it worked fine. I told him that the layout of the choices looked different this time, and I'm led to believe that he thinks I'm nuts! 😀  I must have hit the delete choice, but I'll never know. I had to email the sender and request her to send me the information again. I just hated to do that in this particular situation. Thanks again--a lesson learned to just slow down and hit the correct button.

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappearing email

[ Edited ]

I don't have an I phone, but is the sender listed in your address box?

Also, I'd go to your carrier's store.  They're the experts.Smiley Happy