Honored Contributor

Re: Blink WiFi Security Cameras

So my friend came over this morning and hooked up even more Blink cameras for me.

That brings it up to 10 she said!  Yepper!  I'm wired (along with ADT in the house) up the wazoo!

I live on 1 acre lots surrounded by woods.  My driveway is around 200 ft long.

Lately, a few times cars have come up my driveway and turned around.

The cameras pick them up.  There's no reason for them to come that far up the driveway like that.

Recently, I send out a copy of the car coming up the driveway late at night to all three of my daughters.

So the Florida daughter said to the other two, "Why are you guys not upset about someone coming up Mom's driveway".

The other two texted her back and said, "Mom has so many Blink cameras and lights around her driveway and house it could probably be seen from space".

Anyway, to the person who wanted to know if it's worth it.  I'd say (my opinion) definitely.  I had the ring videos and I hated the way I kept getting requests to sign up neighborhood something.  

I finally took them down, sent them back.  I'll stick to my Blink cameras, thank you.

My friend that put up these last 3 said she has 6 around her house.  I started her 'addiction' by giving her one...then she added to it.

I started my daughter's addiction, but she stopped at 2....Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

We have 4 Blink cameras set up outside - they work great.

New Contributor

You don't have to put them up high and you don't need a smart phone to use these. I have them outside at shoulder level and they do what I want. You do need either a smart phone or a tablet. If you have neither they definitely aren't for you. Hope this helps. By the way, the customer support is fabulous--they will patiently lead you through set up and any problems you have. When you phone Blink they ask if you are a QVC customer and if so, they put you right through to a human.

New Contributor

You can change the duration of movement in the settings field. I'm VERY happy with them and the customer support people. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 , thanks for posting.  I have Ring doorbell.  I like it.  I am looking for cameras for the back yard.  LM

Occasional Contributor

DO NOT BUY THEM unless you want to be hacked!  I had two sets and was hacked.  I didn't notice I was being watched and filmed until a family member noticed the red light on while she was in my living room playing with the poodle.  I saw the blue light in the kitchen several times and didn't think anything of it.  Well????  Someone was logged on and was watching me over a period of time.  To explain why cameras were in the house.....When we were away we had two of the eight cameras inside so we could watch our poodle thru our cellphones.  The other 6 were located at differing locations outside the residence.

I returned the cameras and STILL am awaiting refund.  I received my 6 EZ pay refunds for the first  set but am awaiting the other 6 EZ pays to appear in my bank.  I called Customer Service who was snarky with me stating both refunds have been made totaling $529.92.  That is NOT the case at all.  My first refund totaled $264.96 in 6 payments which were originally made on EZ pay.  I certainly should know if the refund was made and it has not!  I'm furious!!!!

SO.....to make a long story short.........if you have wifi and that is what the set uses, it is easy to hack these cameras.  I think we want SECURITY not some jerk watching our every move and calculating when you are and are not at home!  I also think ALL security cameras, whether the top name brands or not, use wifi to operate.....so why do that to yourself?  Not me!  We are in our 70's and don't need this type of harassment!  

Other than my ranting, this is the first time I had difficulty with QVC.  I buy things regularly and have been extremely happy with this company.  I will continue to be happy with them WHEN and IF I get my full refund!!!!

Regular Contributor

Then you must not have a secure setting on your router. I've never heard any problems with Blink cameras - Ring indoor cameras, yes - but not Blinks.

Respected Contributor

We have them and do like them.  I did not set them up but my husband did and he said it was easy to do.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the blink cameras and like them but a couple stopped working on me.  

@Annabelle have you ever thought about putting in a gate?