Contributor

What's the best non-android Tracfone out there?  I do more texting than talking so the non-androids are a better option for me.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Best non-android Tracfone?

I'm no longer using TF but my favorite was IIRC Samsung S390, a blackberry-type on phone which was great for texting. The biggest complaint from other users were it would dial 9-1-1. I had a case that came with the phone (purchased from here? or the other shopping network?) and this only happened to me once when I awoke it it had a prompt message about ... confirmation I wanted to call 9-1-1??? Don't recall since it's been too long ago.

You can still get an Android phone because now TF now sells just text minutes or just data or just calling minutes. Go to their website and check out their various plans.

Honored Contributor

@WVoprI don't see why a non android phone would be better because when you purchase say 60 minutes of time it is the same price for non android as it is for android and with an android you get 60 minutes talk, 60 minutes text and 60 minutes of data while a non android you get only 60 minutes for both talk and text. Plus when I switched to an android, my minutes were transferred over - I had 1100 minutes and got 1100 talk minutes, 1100 text minutes and 1100 data minutes.  Unless I'm missing something, it's obvious which is a better deal. 

Esteemed Contributor

Contributor

Pook,  I believe on the TF android phones 1 text = 1 minute whereas on the non-android phones 3 texts = 1 minute.

Super Contributor

You can add 1000 text messages for $10 on the android phones.

Contributor

Thanks, Lizzy.  I didn't know that.  That's a great deal.  I'll have to look into it.