Honored Contributor

Apps that don’t require the Internet suggestions

My internet is constantly down. When it’s out I get bored and I use sone apps that don’t require the Internet. One is Scrabble (greatest app I have) and then I use two crossword puzzle apps. If you have any suggestions for apps that don’t need the internet to work I’d appreciate the tip. Thank you. 

In in case you are looking for things you can do without the internet on an Apple device:

Besides apps, I can listen to podcasts that I’ve downloaded (you choose if you want to store a podcast ad a download). I also have iBooks books downloaded when I buy them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Apps that don’t require the Internet suggestions

@Mindy D 

I'm very sorry you're having internet problems. I know what it's like. I was without internet for over 3 weeks after my house got hit by lightening which fried some electrical wiring and blew out every piece of electronic equipment in my house. No TV, no computer, no phone...it was something I don't  ever want to happen again. Took forever to get everything replaced and that cost me a lot of money....insurance pays for only part of it. Totally stinks. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you. It’s happened so often we are getting used to it. Luckily my husband’s cell phone works on LTE. Im sorry you were hit by lightning. We were hit in my  old house. It was no picnic. As we speak, my AC is leaking from the water drain line. We just paid to have it serviced yesterday. We need to buy a pneumatic air compressor so we can blow out the line ourselves. My poor husband is trying to clear the clog right now with bleach and water. What a pain. Of all the modern things we have, going without in Florida is the absolute worst. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D 

Search Google for ios offline games.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D :  With so many outages I hope you have asked for one or more credits for your service plan.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two card games that work without the internet - FreeCell and Solitare.  Also, have Scriptures downloaded so I can read them any time.  

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

As well as the AppStore which is pre-installed on all Macs

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Caffeina wrote:

As well as the AppStore which is pre-installed on all Macs

You are a genius. Why didn’t I think to try this? I just tried keying this into the App Store Search and it worked.