Esteemed Contributor

Apples to do music streaming only?

I was trying to browse some music in iTunes today  and the only thing I could find was an invitation to get Apple Music for streaming.

I googled and this was the article I found from MacWorld.  I think they stopped making iPods so this may be down the road...

What do you think?  LM

https://www.macworld.com/article/3069357/streaming-media/report-apple-will-stop-selling-itunes-music...

Respected Contributor

Re: Apples to do music streaming only?

Apple is still making itouch ipods and I downloaded music over the weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli, I guess they stopped making the nano and the shuffle.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved in the direction of streaming only.  I am sure they will move in the direction of whatever makes the most money for them.  LM

Honored Contributor

You need to click store in itunes to see the stuff that's for sale. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

I was trying to browse some music in iTunes today  and the only thing I could find was an invitation to get Apple Music for streaming.

I googled and this was the article I found from MacWorld.  I think they stopped making iPods so this may be down the road...

What do you think?  LM

https://www.macworld.com/article/3069357/streaming-media/report-apple-will-stop-selling-itunes-music...

The link is from almost 2 years ago and says that Apple denies it will stop selling and go straight streaming. You do realize that this was in response to Apple Music subscriptions starting. The question was asked to address a rumor. 

The reason they're cutting back on ipod models is because everyone has a smart phone these days, which plays music that you own. So we don't need separate mp3 players anymore. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom

You can stream all the music you want for FREE on iTunes.  Check out its internet radio.  Hundreds, maybe thousands of stations from all over the world of all genres & languages.  Some genres I've never even heard before. hidemf3.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom, I am sure you're right about the production of iPods.  With the proliferation of iPhones, I am sure their sales have lagged.

i probably shouldn’t jump to the conclusion that they will stop selling.  When I went into iTunes, the music streaming pop up just kept coming up.  I couldn’t get into the store for some reason so that caused me to wonder what was up.

Having said all that, I would not be surprised if they did switch to streaming only.  Whatever makes the most money for them rules the day.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac, Thanks, will check It out.  LM