Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac ....I was not aware I could pick and choose what I wanted loaded on my electronics!  There are a lot of things on my MacBook that I have never used.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   I gather you have never purchased from Apple's website?  There is a "customized" section when ordering.

The pre-installed software cannot be omitted when you customize.

If you do not want the pre-installed software you can either delete or just ignore.

NOTE:  Some pre-installed software are ingrained into the OS/iOS system & cannot be deleted.

If you purchase from Apple directly, ask the sales rep which pre-installed software can be deleted safely.

For extra $$$$ you can have Apple pre-install their software that is not already pre-installed.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I've purchased Apple products at one of their stores, from their website, and at Target. No problems at all.

Don't know if it's still true, but if purchased online you may have to sign for delivery.

Something to keep in mind, especially if you can wait a few weeks, I would hold off until Black Friday and see what deals they have.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  Thanks,

No I have never purchased on line, always at the local authorized reseller of Apple products, that recently closed their doors.  They could not compete with the apple store at the mall.

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple products

[ Edited ]

I have both a MacBook Air & Ipad that I purchased from Amazon.  It was simple and easy.  No problems at all.

I use my Ipad occasionally but I'm addicted to the MacBook Air.  I use it everyday for hours and I'm on it now.

Respected Contributor

I usually buy my apple products from Costco.  Never a problem.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs , I wanted to comment on the thumb drive mention.  Can you not air drop what you need from one device to another?  It is one of my favorite features on Apple products.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1   I have never used Air drop...I am familiar with what it means but I think the desktop computer at the office is to old for that feature to work.  

We are self employed and know that we are one piece of equipment away from closing our business if something breaks down, so updating the desk top at the office is out of the question.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9   If you don't mind... why do you prefer the Mac Book Air over your IPad?   I was thinking that I would prefer the IPad, now I am not sure.  Do you use a lot of the pre installed software?  

I am on my second Mac Book and I do like it - just curious and want to make the right decision if I have to purchase new.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2DogsDo not live near an Apple Store.  The closest ones are in a mall and am concerned about personal safety in malls.  Live about 20 minutes from 2 Apple Retailers, but don't particularly like doing business with them.  We may go in just to look at the products for our information, but we don't buy.  Therefore we order our Apple products on-line.  Have had excellent experiences so far.