Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Mac Experts - Advice requested

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@CalminHeart 

I have heard the word Chrome but don't know what it is or how to apply it or use it --- see, I told you I am computer challenged!  

Google Chrome is another internet provider, like Safari.  I entered "google chrome" in my search bar and downloaded it to my macbook. It's now an icon in my dock. I don't use it very often but it comes in handy when needed.

Don't worry about being computer challenged. We all have things that are new or that we can't do.  For me, I can't put things together.  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Ainhisg 

I have only used Safari and the google mail, so that's all I am familiar with.  I did try and google what I am talking about and I was lost.  It was talking about all these settings and I thought -- no, I am not going to try and find stuff and change things and then really mess stuff up!  Thanks for your suggestions.

I totally understand the feeling of not wanting to make anything worse!  I'm glad to read that things are working well again.  When you have time, you might google "Chrome browser" and download it.  Then you will have an alternate browser to use and your gmail should work flawlessly on it.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Thank you for providing an update!  Much appreciated.

Glad everything is now working.  More than likely Safari and/or Gmail had a minor glitch.  Happens from time to time. 

If it happens again, restart your computer.  Most times restarting will resolve hiccups/glitches.

"So, perhaps, it was something in this person's e-mail???? "

NOPE!  Gmail's security is top notched.  You would have gotten a security warning as soon as you opened Gmail.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everbody.  So far, so good.  I'm hoping it was a temporary thing.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin