Frequent Contributor

Anyone know whats wrong with my computer?

This past week all of a sudden I can't see no pictures on QVC's website, driving me crazy I get text only and you have to guess what the pictures look like. The QVC homepage is fine but if I stray off of it its words only. If ladies post pic in forums I'm good and any other website I browse to is normal, does anyone have a clue of what is possibly gone wrong?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone know whats wrong with my computer?

Possibly an ad blocker? They sometimes do strange things. There may have been an update that caused it. Just suggestions.

Valued Contributor

RAM overload?  Did you do the old "turn your computer off and then turn it back on"?

Respected Contributor

Try re-starting your computer.  That works for many issues.

Honored Contributor

Clear browsing history and cookies. Also do a Disk Cleanup.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nevadablue,  When the image display is the only problem, I agree with others that it's very likely a problem with the interaction between the website and the browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Safari, etc.).   

The best bet is the usual "housekeeping" which means:  clear browser  cookies/cache/website data and quit the browser and then relaunch it;  also, make sure you have the most recent browser version and all addons/extensions are up-to-date. 

Try a different browser -- everyone should have at least 2 browsers installed and current, for troubleshooting. 

If after all that the problem persists, then you'll need to take the usual steps to clear any junk (that's a technical term!🙃) from your computer -- methods for that will vary depending upon your device type/operating system.   

QVC's site is exceptionally and unreasonably sensitive to browser cookies and cache, and they always have been, so I hold out no hope they'll change that.    But that explains why we see these problems here and not as often on other sites.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

ok thanks everyone for all the suggestions I will try all of them sure hope it helps because I'm tired of reading words only I need some pictures!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Clear browsing history and cookies. Also do a Disk Cleanup.

And then afterwards- shut down completely and restart your computer.