Honored Contributor

Anxious/Nervous about dumping cable

Can't figure out why I feel so anxious/nervous about dumping cable.  Have decided that YouTube TV is the streaming service I'll go with.  I have an old TV so will be using an Amazon Fire Stick to use YT TV.  I'm so disgusted with Comcast increasing my cable/internet/phone bundle to $230 that it's time for a change.  Have done the research, read the posts on here about switching, etc., but yet, I'm anxious/nervous about switchng.  Not real techie, have a couple of streaming channels that I got through Amazon, yet still anxious.

Anyway, time to put my big girl pants on and take the plunge.  I can do this and figure out how to navigate YT TV.  Have watched some YT videos on navigating it for beginners and those helped.

Was anyone else nervous/anxious when they made the switch and the process of switching?  Hope there is because I don't want to be the only person feeling this way.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Anxious/Nervous about dumping cable

No

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I absolutely HATE Comcast!!!! They R the very worst, bottom of the barrel. Have been a customer for 20+years with tv, internet & mobile. They always, always increase my bill. They won't negotiate anything other than reduce my tv channels or internet speed. I'm a basic user. Nothing fancy. 

For me I have kept it because the research I've done where I live, the price isn't enough to justify the PAIN IN THE A____ to do this. I hate electronics, wires, etc. Just hate so I've stayed.

Respected Contributor

We are cutting the cord soon, probably this week and going with youtubetv also.  I am not super nervous I figure we will figure it out one way or another.

Respected Contributor

Same with us ... COMCAST does absolutely NOTHING to keep you.  We've had them for 26 YEARS... have mostly basic and have bundled other services,  but I truly do not want to hassle with streaming,  etc.   I have too much going on at my job to have to fuss with watching anything automatically when I want to ...   I need the calm and easy after a hectic day!

Occasional Contributor

@ Judy L.  Yes, Judy, I was nervous as well to cut the cable - Comcast as well.  I had dipped my toes in by getting Paramount+ for a particular show.  I did mine through Roku.  I also got YouTube TV (Plus, I think).  It will probably take you a while to get used to  navigating the new platform and, if you are anything like me, there will be some features from Comcast you will miss.  And bottom line is you can always go back to Comcast if you really don't like streaming.   Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

@karen burt  - Thank you for your response.  That's what someone else told me to regarding if I don't like streaming, I can always go back to cable.

Respected Contributor

I posted a while ago that y husband called Comcast in an attempt to re-negotiate and they wouldn't.  They offered to reduce channels, that's it.  Plus, if we reduce channels or cut the cord, our internet goes up.  Only other interent option for us is AT&T,  AT&T reviews around here are not good and most have Comcast.  I feel stuck.

Respected Contributor

I feel you.  It's easy to become complacent and comfortable with what you're used to.  But enough is enough, you are being taken advantage of by Comcast and YOU CAN DO IT!  I live alone and felt your anxiety too, but I'm here to say that I did it, it wasn't bad or even hard.  It's an adjustment, but dive in and figure it out.  You just may surprise yourself and you will most definitely be happy about the money you're saving. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Can't figure out why I feel so anxious/nervous about dumping cable.  Have decided that YouTube TV is the streaming service I'll go with.  I have an old TV so will be using an Amazon Fire Stick to use YT TV.  I'm so disgusted with Comcast increasing my cable/internet/phone bundle to $230 that it's time for a change.  Have done the research, read the posts on here about switching, etc., but yet, I'm anxious/nervous about switchng.  Not real techie, have a couple of streaming channels that I got through Amazon, yet still anxious.

Anyway, time to put my big girl pants on and take the plunge.  I can do this and figure out how to navigate YT TV.  Have watched some YT videos on navigating it for beginners and those helped.

Was anyone else nervous/anxious when they made the switch and the process of switching?  Hope there is because I don't want to be the only person feeling this way.  LOL

I have not switched but I use the premium  TV apps on a tablet to watch movies.

Enjoy streaming.