Respected Contributor

Any ideas why when I open an attachment on my iPad it opens with the content in a narrow strip down the right side of the page on top of the original email or page?    This just started recently.  In the past it would open on the whole screen.   So annoying and hard to read/see.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't have the answer for you, but I've found any time I can't figure out a problem I just google it. Usually I get an Apple message board where the problem is discussed.

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't have the answer for you, but I've found any time I can't figure out a problem I just google it. Usually I get an Apple message board where the problem is discussed.

Thanks.  I actually came here as a last resort. I've been googling it for over 2 months.  It doesn't seem to get what the issue is no matter how many ways I word it.  None of my friends with iPads know either.  One has run into the same thing but she hasn't been able to figure it out either. I did try the apple message board once with no luck but will go back there and see if I can change the wording and get an answer. 

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

Any ideas why when I open an attachment on my iPad it opens with the content in a narrow strip down the right side of the page on top of the original email or page?    This just started recently.  In the past it would open on the whole screen.   So annoying and hard to read/see.

I've had limited luck getting answers at Apple support message boards.  I've tried rewording my inquiries multiple times and it usually doesn't address my specific problem.  Do you have this problem with all attachments or just certain types? 

Valued Contributor

Try the facebook group for Apple questions and include a screen shot of what you are talking about. They are really good there.

Respected Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle 

Sorry, I just saw this.   Thanks.  I'll try that.  

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal,  

In Settings --> Home Screen & Dock, do you have Multitasking turned on or off?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Re: Another iPad question

[ Edited ]
@dooBdoo wrote:

@Bridgegal,  

In Settings --> Home Screen & Dock, do you have Multitasking turned on or off?

Sorry, I just saw this.   

Gestures is on.  Allow multiple apps is off.

Those are my two choices.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Bridgegal.  I'm trying to envision what you're seeing.  I agree with @BriggsiePeawiggle that screen shots help, but doing so with email we have to be careful not to display personal info.  I'm wondering if the effect you see relates to "Slide Over" or "Split View."  If you get a chance, take a look at this article (or others on those features) and see if any of the images look like what you're experiencing.

copy and paste link:

pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-use-multitasking-on-your-ipad

or

search for "How to Use Multitasking on Your iPad | PCMag"

Have a lovely evening.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like.  Unseen on the far left is my gmail inbox.  In the center is the content of the email and when I click on the 25 recipes link in the content, it opens in that narrow vertical bar. This is as small as I could make it.  

8979F754-2E97-4C86-AF31-F99F32231DB8.png