Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I know there is another thread but my question is different. Also I tried google chrome once and hated the things it did to my computer. I immediately removed it.

Is there a way to upgrade IE on my Vista? I have IE9 and it says that is the latest for Vista.

Thanks all you smart people!

Respected Contributor

No, there isn't. It's one of the problems when you continue to use an outdated operating system.

Respected Contributor
On 8/6/2014 glb613 said:

No, there isn't. It's one of the problems when you continue to use an outdated operating system.

Thanks glb. Now I'll quit trying.

Respected Contributor
On 8/6/2014 scotttie said:
On 8/6/2014 glb613 said:

Thanks glb. Now I'll quit trying.

Unfortunately, it happens with Apple products as well. The first 2 iPads can't be updated like newer models can.

Regular Contributor

What did Chrome do to your computer? I switched to Chrome because it's not (or wasn't) a resource hog like IE. When you install Chrome (or anything) you have to be sure to uncheck all the extra boxes of things they want to install along with it.

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand what's wrong with Chrome? We're not allowed to use IE at all anymore at work; we must use Chrome. And at home, Chrome is all I use. I don't use IE at all; I just don't think it's a secure browser. Chrome is amazingly fast, compared to IE, too.

Another good browser is Mozilla...many of my friends use that one. There's no need to use IE at all.

Super Contributor
On 8/6/2014 VolvoGirl said:

What did Chrome do to your computer? I switched to Chrome because it's not (or wasn't) a resource hog like IE. When you install Chrome (or anything) you have to be sure to uncheck all the extra boxes of things they want to install along with it.

That's so true. Anytime you install something - whether it's Chrome or an update to something like Java - you have to watch for those sneaky check boxes.

Trusted Contributor

ITA! I work for a small software development company and they chose Google as their email and document cloud storage, etc. They are computer engineers and they all HATE IE. Prefer either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

KJPA