Esteemed Contributor

My son has done everything to try to activate his SAMSUNG A11 trackfone. Online called them . He was told they are having trouble and will call him back.

I asked Google and it gives instructions, but it doesn,t take. He got it from HSN TSV.  

Can anyone gives suggestions? Thank you

Respected Contributor

Activation isn't that hard. I'd return it to HSN and replace it.

Respected Contributor

First I would give it a little time. I noticed today that many websites seem slow or down for a period of time. 

I would also check the item on HSN and see if comments or instructions are there somewhere on the item page. And it never hurts to check their message board too.

Finally, if the item is on Amazon often interesting info can be found in comments in the questions answered or the reviews.

Honored Contributor

I've activated many TracFones and never had a bit of trouble.  My guess would be that their system is overly busy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition 

Here is the link for TracPhone Samsung A11 manual.  It includes setting up for activation and anything else you may need.   

https://tracfoneusermanual.net/galaxy-a11-user-manual/

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition

The Tracfone system may be slow today, because of the bombing in Nashville. 

Honored Contributor

Tell him to reread the directions a couple times.  I've activated at least 7 phones.  Once I had issues and it was because I skipped a step.

Esteemed Contributor
  •  Thank you all.  Returning Trackfone can,t get it to activate. Said it is defected.
Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:
  •  Thank you all.  Returning Trackfone can,t get it to activate. Said it is defected.

@qvcaddition 

Sounds like this may be too late but if you still have the phone I have a suggestion that may work.

1.Go to SETTINGS

2. Click on CONNECTIONS

3. Click on MOBILE NETWORKS

4. Click on ACCESS POINT NAMES

5. Make sure the TRACFONE choice has been clicked on 

I think this could be the problem. I didn't check this forum yesterday so I'm sorry if this suggestion came too late. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@qvcaddition 

Sounds like this may be too late but if you still have the phone I have a suggestion that may work.

1.Go to SETTINGS

2. Click on CONNECTIONS

3. Click on MOBILE NETWORKS

4. Click on ACCESS POINT NAMES

5. Make sure the TRACFONE choice has been clicked on 

I think this could be the problem. I didn't check this forum yesterday so I'm sorry if this suggestion came too late. 

Thank you. My son did that.  Tried everything.  HSN CS was nice enough to already put in the amount for refund, because you have to pay for return on this particular item.  He is exhausted and said he is going out to buy an Iphone and get it all installed there.  I never had a problem and have the Trackfone from the last special in June. I am 84 and was able to get it activated and up and running. I got the Samsung A10. His was the newest A11. My friend is having the same problem and thinking of returning  it.

I like the day when we didn't have all this tech stuff, because it can really drive you nuts when they don't work.

My Kindle got water on it a few nights ago and wouldn't work. I ordered another from Amazon.  Then I used the blow dryer on it, and the next morning it was working .  Thank God with Amazon I could cancel the new one. Not with QVC where I almost ordered it, but it was 10 more than Amazon, the same one and Amazon had no S/H.

Anyway, i found out that day using rice would have helped, but the hairdryer did the trick.