New Contributor

If you are using AOL online there was no change.  If you used the downloaded AOL desktop the old versions were unfortunately cancelled and the New Gold had to be downloaded and paid for.  Because I use the desktop features a lot (I cut and paste a lot from websites into emails for travel or cooking references) I downloaded the Gold software months ago.  It's a disaster.  When I sign in the pages come up but are blank of text or photos, same with email content and webpages. So i called HELP and had a tech take over the pc which is new and uses Win 10. After about an hour, mayne 90 minutes of making changes everything works.

I go back to using the software and after 30-45 minutes it's all blank again!!!  I have had the same thing happen after my second call, my third call several weeks later and my fourth attempt to use it a month later.  Same ridiculous results and nothing has been done by AOL to correct the problem. One tech gave me some workarounds like signing on as Admin or changing fonts (sic!) in browser but they stopped working after awhile and do nothing now.

I can not understand why they released this dud, I wonder if it works for anyone given the vast amount of complaints about GOLD online. I sent AOL an email on the Help site last month but no response. Is this company going under? 

Honored Contributor

@ATP wrote:

If you are using AOL online there was no change.  If you used the downloaded AOL desktop the old versions were unfortunately cancelled and the New Gold had to be downloaded and paid for.  Because I use the desktop features a lot (I cut and paste a lot from websites into emails for travel or cooking references) I downloaded the Gold software months ago.  It's a disaster.  When I sign in the pages come up but are blank of text or photos, same with email content and webpages. So i called HELP and had a tech take over the pc which is new and uses Win 10. After about an hour, mayne 90 minutes of making changes everything works.

I go back to using the software and after 30-45 minutes it's all blank again!!!  I have had the same thing happen after my second call, my third call several weeks later and my fourth attempt to use it a month later.  Same ridiculous results and nothing has been done by AOL to correct the problem. One tech gave me some workarounds like signing on as Admin or changing fonts (sic!) in browser but they stopped working after awhile and do nothing now.

I can not understand why they released this dud, I wonder if it works for anyone given the vast amount of complaints about GOLD online. I sent AOL an email on the Help site last month but no response. Is this company going under? 

@atp  Why are you still using it?  After the first attempt with their CS failed I would have dropped it and started using something else.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I have the AOL Browser and use it in my old desktop because i have some very old favorites there.  Doesnt cost anything.  No problems.  Not going Gold anything.