Respected Contributor

I am starting to think that everything is made like cr*p.

In the last 6 months we have bought 3 laptops a Dell, HP and a Lenovo

We have 2 computer guys we use (1 software wiz, 1 general computer wiz)

I buy laptops based on their recommendations and specifications that meet our needs.

Dell is always the top preferred followed by HP and they dislike Lenovo.

The LEAST expensive laptop was $750  All bought direct from manufacture.

As of today the Dell (2 months old) has 2 major problems and now needs a new 'drive' as the drive is broken and the laptop will not start.  If Dell does not send computer guy a new drive for free I am going to fly through the roof.

The HP started with problems after 4 months of use.

The Lenovo has had 0 problems.

I have 2 8 year old Dells that still work fine, except they run HOT so I know their lifetime is limited.

I have a 7 yr old iPad, never had a problem.  My aunt's new iPad has been sent back twice in 10 months.

I am started to doubt the quality of anything anymore Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I have a Lenovo laptop I bought in the summer of 2013 from Best Buy.  

One time, I had to bring it back to the Geek Squad for a virus/software issue ... but that's the only problem.

Until I bought the Lenovo, I had desk top computers since the mid 1990s (HP, Dell, etc).  I'm perfectlly satisfied with Lenovo and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Honored Contributor

I've been using my MacBook Pro for probably 4-5 years now.  Wouldn't hesitate to buy another when the time comes.

Honored Contributor

I am currently using a 9 yr old MBP because my 5 yr old iMac recently died of BSOD.  My previous iMacs lasted 14 yrs.

Sidebar:  Apple investigated my "complaint" even though my iMac was out of its 3 yr warranty.  They are giving me a new "tricked out" 27" iMac which will include free AppleCare & free Beats bluetooth headphones.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

APPLE....

Respected Contributor

Re: Grrrr Laptops

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I am starting to think that everything is made like cr*p.

In the last 6 months we have bought 3 laptops a Dell, HP and a Lenovo

We have 2 computer guys we use (1 software wiz, 1 general computer wiz)

I buy laptops based on their recommendations and specifications that meet our needs.

Dell is always the top preferred followed by HP and they dislike Lenovo.

The LEAST expensive laptop was $750  All bought direct from manufacture.

As of today the Dell (2 months old) has 2 major problems and now needs a new 'drive' as the drive is broken and the laptop will not start.  If Dell does not send computer guy a new drive for free I am going to fly through the roof.

The HP started with problems after 4 months of use.

The Lenovo has had 0 problems.

I have 2 8 year old Dells that still work fine, except they run HOT so I know their lifetime is limited.

I have a 7 yr old iPad, never had a problem.  My aunt's new iPad has been sent back twice in 10 months.

I am started to doubt the quality of anything anymore Smiley Sad

Sounds like you have a problem with heat buildup.  It's the main problem with notebook computers and causes a lot of failures.  NEVER buy a notebook computer with vents on the bottom.  If the vents are on the bottom, placing it on your lap blocks the vents and the computer overheats.  One of the best things you can do is use a notebook cooling pad or stand where there is good airflow especially under the bottom.  Using one on a hard surface is also a good idea.  I've had multiple notebook computers and never a problem with any or them.  I've used a cooling pad for years.  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I've been using my MacBook Pro for probably 4-5 years now.  Wouldn't hesitate to buy another when the time comes.

Mine was bought in '09. Still fine.