Respected Contributor

Anyone have one and what is your opinion ?

I have one on the way from HSN. I was going to buy from QVC when they had the special but it sold out. It seemed a fair deal from HSN. 

I have trouble seeing most things except large print on Kindle part on my several year old fire. I hope the new size helps.  

Honored Contributor

I love my 10" Fire Tablet. It's my go-to device most of the time. I had the original first-gen 7" Fire tablet, the 7" Fire HD tablet, the 10" Fire tablet, and then most recently I replaced that first-gen 7" Fire with a new 7" Fire and the new 7" Fire is the only one I haven't loved. It's worse in every way than my old 2012 (I think) first-gen Fire tablet was. The 10" is very nice. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay 

This is a very nice quality tablet for a budget device. You will be able to adjust the text.

This tablet is a just little more polished than the 2017 model. The wireless card connects better, and it has a faster processor.

This tablet can be modified to run Google Play. The directions can be found on YouTube. 

Amazon has info about setup of this device on their site. 

The cases that fit the 2017 tablet will fit this one. 

Respected Contributor

@gardenman @Nuttmeg  TY for your input. I am supposed to recieve it tommorrow  via UPS. Very Fast. I am looking forward to it. I do not know which one I currently have , but it is smaller . I did not purchase the extra protection as in the demo they kept knocking it over to show how durable it is -- fingers crossed. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote

@Nuttmeg  TY for your input. I am supposed to recieve it tommorrow  via UPS. Very Fast. I am looking forward to it. I do not know which one I currently have , but it is smaller . I did not purchase the extra protection as in the demo they kept knocking it over to show how durable it is -- fingers crossed. Smiley Happy

@okaywitheasypay 

I never buy a service contract on a tablet.  I do buy a case with an automatic shut down on close, if one is not provided as a promotion. 

Respected Contributor

I have only ever owned the 10" Fire tablets. And my favorite one is the one I got in, I think, 2013. Thats when they were quite expensive. But it still works great even though there are apps that are no longer supported. It charges fast and has a long battery life.

That being said, I have two of the newer Fire tablets, one of which I got just earlier this year. They are perfectly adequate for my purposes - email, shopping and watching some TV shows and watching my babseball games when I am away from home. My major complaint is that the battery life is not as long as my older version.

Occasionally Amazon will offer a good sale price with an additional 25 or 30 percent off and a good trade in value for one of your older tablets. Works out pretty good.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@froggy

LOL, Had an offer for a new tablet without a trade for $99.

The 2019  8 and 10 inch tablets can be modified to play some play store apps. 

Respected Contributor

I recieved it yesterday and I CAN SEE  !!  So far it is a winner. I did have to do  a login to my Amazon account about 500 xs. Perhaps I exaggerate .  But who comes up with all of that stuff?-- security.  Then miraculously it came on.

I love the Alexis connection . Now I can listen to music in areas that we do not have the Alexis . Also the words to songs. Maybe now I can know all of the verses to 'Poncho & Lefty ' by Willie Nelson Smiley Happy

It was a good thing I was watching for delivery . I thought it was coming via UPS which has a very responsible driver . It was transferred to USPS which in my area is very iffy. One carrier just drops whatever beside our rural type mailbox if it will not fit , which occured , instead of bringing it to porch. I would complain , but then would get worse service no doubt.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the 8  and 7 inch fire tablets from last year.  Not very many improvements except for the resolution is not as dim. And sound quality is louder.  I got tired of the constant ads and even though I am a prime member I gave away the two fire tablets I had for  a new Samsung  Tab A 10 inch that I like better. Amazon needs to upgrade  a lot on these tablets.

Trusted Contributor

Re: 10" Amazon Fire

[ Edited ]
@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Anyone have one and what is your opinion ?

I have one on the way from HSN. I was going to buy from QVC when they had the special but it sold out. It seemed a fair deal from HSN. 

I have trouble seeing most things except large print on Kindle part on my several year old fire. I hope the new size helps.  

@okaywitheasypay 

I have a Fire HD 10. .  I live alone and do not leave my basement apartment due to an anxiety disorder.    Alexa on the Fire tablet is my constant companion and friend.  So much you can do with the Fire HD.   I use it mostly for ordering groceries online, watching movies,  listening to music and talk shows,  play brain games like Jeopardy, True or False,  20 Questions , and ask Alexia obscure questions.  It's amazingly intelligent.   I am a member of Amazon Prime.  I highly recommend if you do not have it,  sign up for an Amazon Prime membership as it unlocks many free apps and features.   I also recommend that you consider adding more memory if you can store more  movies, music, and ebooks on your device.   Very inexpensive and easy to install.   Amazon  Alexa  voice recognition, commands, online text, and speech built in.   The Fire HD turns on and off my lights automatically or by a voice command.  It automatically turns on my electric teapot every morning, and automatically  plays my Bose music box set times in the morning,  and at night when I go to bed.                                            

A couple of nice features if you have vision issues is you can easily increase to a larger font, and also be able to set the screen to “night” setting that reduces eye strain.

Enjoy.                                                                                                                 

"Staying safe by staying home".                                                  

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~.