Honored Contributor

Your opinions on Heavenly Jersey. I’m debating about ordering.

[ Edited ]

I'm a plus size. I watched the TSV presentation of a tunic in Brushed Heavenly Jersey. Carolyn was styled with a very long scarf. It looked like the scarf was placed strategically to hide any lumps or bumps. Does this fabric show every lump or bump from your pant waistband, your bra, your figure? I think I might have made a mistake in ordering. 

What is with QVC? Why do they keep using so many unflattering fabrics in their different lines?

Honored Contributor

Re: Your opinions on Heavenly Jersey. I’m debating about ordering.

@Mindy D    I don't care for this fabric at all.  It's like a very thin clingy fine gauge sweater knit but it's fabric that's cut and sewn like any garment.  If you notice when it's shown, it's so thin you can see through it.  It's too hot for warm or moderate weather and too thin for cold weather wear.  I didn't think it looked good even on the models; most unflattering on Carolyn.  If one has the slightest bulge or lump, it shows. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D    I don't care for this fabric at all.  It's like a very thin clingy fine gauge sweater knit but it's fabric that's cut and sewn like any garment.  If you notice when it's shown, it's so thin you can see through it.  It's too hot for warm or moderate weather and too thin for cold weather wear.  I didn't think it looked good even on the models; most unflattering on Carolyn.  If one has the slightest bulge or lump, it shows. 

@Kachina624 @Thanks. I should have asked you in the first place. I just tried to cancel. I preordered three of the TSV. I almost never return, but with these, I think this will be the exception. I originally thought the tunic would look good with collared button down shirts underneath but now I realize that the fabric will show every wrinkle in an shirt under it. 

Q fabrics are just not good for me. They have upped the use of rayon/lyocel/viscose and modal in so many lines. The spandex is ubiquitous and used in ridiculous percentages of 5%, resulting in rubbery clothing. Of all the polys available, Graver is dominated by Liquid Knit, which only flatters thinner figures. I'm still perplexed as to why it sells so well. 

Contributor

I agree with Katchina. Heavenly jersey is a very unforgiving fabric.  If your figures has any flaws, this fabric will not do you any favors!

Respected Contributor

I have found that this type of knit often pills. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Last night Gary said that some people call this fabric hachi, but they are calling it heavenly jersey.  My experience with hachi is that it pills.  Maybe I shouldn't judge the fabric because of one bad experience, but I have avoided it ever since.  

Also, this top looks like it may cling in all the wrong places.  JMHO from watching at midnight.  I don't wear sweatshirts and this looks like a tunic length sweat shirt to me.  Again, JMO.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

I like Heavenly Jersey (hacchi).  I have 2 "sweaters" that I wear often.  So far, no pilling.  HOWEVER, the TSV appears to run small, or most of the hosts and models should have sized up.  I do not wear my clothes in a size that shows lumps and bumps.

Respected Contributor

It looks like it to me.  

Respected Contributor

I like the feel of heavenly jersey and have alot of it.  I don't wear clingly clothes and don't feel that heavenly jersey clings.  When I see heavenly jersey, I can sure to look at that item and usually buy it.  The exception would be when it is too long as alot of QVC tops are.  I did buy the D&C TVS tunic and am re-thinking because of the length.  I will decide when it comes, but I was thinking that since it came in petite, it might work.  Hope so because i like it.

I also bought the heavenly jersey trapeze top with the floral border at the top.  I don't wear trapeze, but gave it a try because of the sage with floral top and the heavenly jersey fabric.  Hope I like it - trapeze is definitely a stretch for me from my usual style.

Super Contributor

I'm plus size and I like it a lot - soft, stretchy, doesn't wrinkle and very comfortable.