Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you think "Perfect Jersey" is really all that perfect?

I like Perfect Jersey, quite alot.  I have lots of shirts made from it.

I would agree, some feels a little stretchier, but I like all that I have anyway.  I got some great "as is" deals last year - the square neck T (short sleeved) and the round neck 3/4 length sleeve T.  The square neck was $7 and the round neck was $10.  I bought a ton of colors in both styles.  It became a game to see if I could catch a new color in my size.  Score!

Cogito ergo sum
Occasional Contributor

You brought up another subject I've always wondered about--the "As Is" items.  I've never ordered one.

Can you return them within 30 days like everything else?  Have you had good luck with all of your As Is purchases or have you had some problems?

Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

I never heard of that "Perfect Jersey" fabric but I'm an adult, so I know it can't possibly be perfect for everyone who buys it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure what they labled the material they used prior to Perfect Jersey although i know it was cotton/spandex but i thought it was better.............Perfect Jersey is ok but i find it can be a bit wrinkly sometimes after a wash and does tend to cling more.......

I like the feel of all cotton but shirts just stretch out or get mishaped.........not a great investment................but i remember days of cotton and polyester tops.......i prefer

them overall...................the Q doesn't offer many tops in that material combination................

Honored Contributor

I find perfect jersey to be far from perfect.  I've avoided it since my first purchase of it.  It's thin, too stretchy and clings like crazy.  Not for me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@nanaquilts, yes, you can return "as is" items.  I've never had to.

I've had nothing but good results from that area.  Do it all the time.  I think sometimes it is a ploy to shed older merchandise, not necessarily ever sent out to a customer.  But I can't prove that, of course.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

I have three of these, and don't like them a bit. They make me sweat, even in the winter. I wanted to like them, but I can't wear them.

I'd rather buy a cheapie 97%cotton/3%spandex tee in Walmart -- for about $6 (less if you find them on sale) they fit better and they breathe a lot better than these do.

Esteemed Contributor

@nanaquilts wrote:

Despite the hosts' comments, I don't find the Perfect Jersey fabric to be that great.  It has a slightly rubbery feeling to me.  I know that putting Lycra in knits is trendy these days, but I'm 66 and don't like that cling, especially around the tummy?

Is anybody with me?

Spoiler

@nanaquilts .... I am with you 100% ... I totally dislike the Perfect Jersey fabric ... too "rubbery" for me too!! 👎👎

Honored Contributor

When I used to buy Denim & Co on the regular, my experience with perfect jersey depended on if the item was a solid color with say, some embellishment on the neckline or if it was an overall print.

If the top was solid colored with an embellishment, no problem.

I bought an overall paisley print top one time that they swore was the same 95/5 mix.  I'm telling you I could slingshot that thing across the room like a rubberband.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

I do not like "perfect" jersey due to the spandex content. I agree with many of you in that it is hot and way too clingy. It also does have that rubbery, almost "squeaky", feeling to me. Makes me cringe. LOL

I've discovered, (are you ready for this?), Hanes 100% cotton tee shirts, easily found on Amazon. They are cool, colorful, available with different necklines, TAGLESS, and perfect for hot summer days. They are substantial enough to hold up and wash well (so far) andn are less than $10 !! Smiley Happy