Esteemed Contributor

updated QVC/HSN Roku app: timeout issues

@Melvin-QVC or any other moderator available: Could you please pass along a note to the tech team that the newly updated (7/21) QVC/HSN app for Roku has a timeout issue? After running for an hour, it completely shuts down in mid-stream to a black screen that just says "Retrieving data" (or something similar), so you have to exit the app and launch it again if you want to keep watching. Since many shows are longer than an hour, this is quite annoying.

Something similar happened when the app was first launched a few years ago, but it hasn't had this type of issue in ages, so I'm hoping there is a workaround that can be applied to resolve the error. (And FWIW, I checked all my settings and do not have this problem with any other app, so it's definitely not just a Roku problem.)

Thanks in advance for your help...

Honored Contributor

Re: updated QVC/HSN Roku app: timeout issues

@loriqvc   I think this may be a Roku issue rather than a Q issue because I have the same thing happen with the YouTube TV to which I subscribe.  I'll be deep into watching a show and it will shut down, I have to back out and start all over again. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes, that sounds like a Roku problem rather than a QVC problem.  Search online for a fix.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 - I regularly use six other Roku apps and none have this problem. And before that recent update, the QVC/HSN app didn't, either.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc   I agree, it's very frustrating.  I stream multiple channels via Roku, and none of them do what this new QVC/HSN app/channel does.  I don't know if it's Roku or the QVC/HSN app programmed, but that is the only channel that does it -- all the time now.

New Contributor

Same here. I started having this problem w/QVC app it bumps me out!! Fix it Q
New Contributor

Same for me...I am really getting annoyed at QVC for not giving this problem!!
Occasional Contributor

I'm having that very same issue on my Roku TV. Oddly enough, it's only while watching QVC. If I hit the back button, that channel is running perfectly. It's frustrating for sure.