New Contributor

I ordered a necklace for my daughter's birthday back in October.  She received and loved it.  A month later the chain broke.  I called QVC customer service, they said to have my daughter return it and they would replace it.  All this time later, still no replacement.  I called a couple of weeks ago now, and they say the package is still in process - the broken necklace my daughter returned - and now they are out of stock of the necklace.  Long pause from the CS agent.  I thought her lack of further response was weird, and I was angry that now my daughter wasn't going to get a replacement, so I asked for a refund.  I bought the necklace using 3 easy pays, and all three were paid.  To date I've received a refund for the shipping and handling.  Every time I call I get a little different story, the last one being that "bigger" refunds take longer.  We're talking 3 $57 payments, and this is over a BILLION dollar company.  I just can't believe it.  Has anyone else had a difficult time receiving a refund from QVC?

ETA:  I paid for this via Paypal; I do not have a Q card.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you are having this trouble.  There is no excuse for that.  I always get my refunds, though I have to sometimes argue when I get charged the return shipping fee, when I don't feel I should have been.  Just yesterday, when I was looking over my Visa statement, I noticed a charge for $6.95.  Going by the order number on the statement, I saw it was for an order where I RECEIVED THE WRONG ITEM.  I notified QVC at the time.  They sent a replacement of the right item, that I got.  But I was charged $6.95 for returning the wrong item back to QVC.  I emailed the QVC social team yesterday and they quickly gave me a credit.  But I have to wonder how often stuff like that happens, when people are not paying attention and pay for things they shouldn't have to. Sometimes I honestly think QVC is trying to slip things by their customers, hoping they won't notice.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
QVC Customer Care

Re: refund woes

[ Edited ]

@MrsBinGA wrote:

I ordered a necklace for my daughter's birthday back in October.  She received and loved it.  A month later the chain broke.  I called QVC customer service, they said to have my daughter return it and they would replace it.  All this time later, still no replacement.  I called a couple of weeks ago now, and they say the package is still in process - the broken necklace my daughter returned - and now they are out of stock of the necklace.  Long pause from the CS agent.  I thought her lack of further response was weird, and I was angry that now my daughter wasn't going to get a replacement, so I asked for a refund.  I bought the necklace using 3 easy pays, and all three were paid.  To date I've received a refund for the shipping and handling.  Every time I call I get a little different story, the last one being that "bigger" refunds take longer.  We're talking 3 $57 payments, and this is over a BILLION dollar company.  I just can't believe it.  Has anyone else had a difficult time receiving a refund from QVC?

ETA:  I paid for this via Paypal; I do not have a Q card.

@MrsBinGA  I am so sorry to see this happened.  I will be happy to take a look, I will send you an email, its a bit more detailed but we can get this resolved for you.  

I am very sorry for disappointment to both you & your daughter,

Susan

New Contributor

Thank you!  I know a lot of things are taking longer due to the pandemic, but every call or chat about this has felt like I was being blown off.

Regular Contributor

Their billing department is constantly making mistakes! And I have a Q card, bottom line you have to be on them like white on rice! Check every transaction! And the Q should ALWAYS return shipping charges, then don' t let the hosts say all your money is refunded on a return.  FALSE ADVERTISING

Super Contributor

Try contacting the Q this way to resolve your problem. They've always been very helpful to me . Good Luck.

Social.Team@qvc.com

Respected Contributor

Refunds to Credit Cards are even slow. I had one for $57 That took four to six weeks. I am glad it finally occurred. Luckily I try and be a careful shopper and usually only have to return defective or damaged items. I also wanted a replacement and sold out when received.

If the CS representative would have been efficiently helpful instead  saying of the warehouse will figure it out and straining to hear a call that sounded like talking in a can! She should have immediately reordered the item for me. I learned after that to do that myself if I really want the item. I was so frustrated with the  defective electronics item plus the hassle of printing my own label and invoice and dealing with sending it out in Holiday season. I ended up paying $25 more shopping elsewhere after waiting a monthn for a replacement.

If sold out and not able to replace you will get a refund but yes it takes a long time.  It doesnt seem to matter what payment  was made their refunds are slow.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC Profanity

New Contributor

Wow Susan, I used a ! not an i.  No profanity used.

I still don't have my refunds and I've just been told lie #3 (or is it #4?) by QVC customer service.  After this, I'm sure QVC has lost a customer.  I'm not marginalized or old/bad memory and they can't keep telling me story after story.  I'll just file a dispute with Paypal.

Frequent Contributor
I agree, you do have to watch carefully. Everyone makes mistakes pandemic or not. The Q has always been right there when I call to fix or look it up to see hold up. And even given me rewards for waiting so long. Now if I could just get my credit co. To put some indication next to the credit so I know what it goes to! Instead I have to call customer service and that's not their fault.