New Contributor

I was charged 120.68 TWICE on 3/12 and 03/15 totalling 241.36 which caused an over withdrawal on my checking account.  talked to a Michelle who verified that QVC had indeed billed me twice for the same order number 888888888888 and that it would be credited in 3 to 4 days.  I asked about their responsibility for the double charge and what it did to my account which she said QVC was NOT responsible for that and it was my problem!!!!  I will NOT shop with QVC ever again!!!  Talk about no customer service and not giving a ****** about their customers or taking responsibility for THEIR mistakes!!!!

QVC Customer Care

@joycecee wrote:

I was charged 120.68 TWICE on 3/12 and 03/15 totalling 241.36 which caused an over withdrawal on my checking account.  talked to a Michelle who verified that QVC had indeed billed me twice for the same order number 888888888888 and that it would be credited in 3 to 4 days.  I asked about their responsibility for the double charge and what it did to my account which she said QVC was NOT responsible for that and it was my problem!!!!  I will NOT shop with QVC ever again!!!  Talk about no customer service and not giving a ****** about their customers or taking responsibility for THEIR mistakes!!!!

@joycecee    I am sorry to see this happened, please email us the details including the order number to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com, we will forward the claim to Finance for researching. 

My apologies again,

Susan

Trusted Contributor

@joycecee wrote:

--------

Apparently, you used a debit card to purchase. 

With a debit card, you're paying with cash.  The merchant puts a hold, on your funds, to be sure you can pay.  

When the actual sale goes thru, usually, in a couple of days, the hold drops off, and the actual charge, is posted. 

Once, in awhile, the charges can cross(the hold hasn't dropped off)and it can look like a double charge.  

If your account can't handle that possibility, you're better off not paying with a debit card.  

In years of shopping, it's only happened to me a couple of times, so, it's rare, but, it can happen.  

It's not a merchant error,it's just how debit cards are processed.  

Honored Contributor

@joycecee  never use a debit card for such purchases....especially if you do not have a lot in your checking account to handle a charge charged twice.  Only use a designated credit card...any errors are caught and fixed without YOUR MONEY  being used.

There is no fees to use a credit card if the balance is payed in full each month.  I NEVER use my debit card. I buy everything with credit cards only.  Receive a lot of free money back just for using the card with the rewards they offer on the credit card.  I never pay interest as I pay the balance each month in full.  

It is like free money to use all month. 💰💰💰💰💰👍👍👍👍👍

Honored Contributor

@joycecee    It's possible the responsibility lies with your bank, not QVC.  They are responsible for seeing that the initial charge is removed.  I'm sure research of your account will determine that. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@joycecee You might clean up your language when posting so you'll sound like an adult.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@joycecee  never use a debit card for such purchases....especially if you do not have a lot in your checking account to handle a charge charged twice.  Only use a designated credit card...any errors are caught and fixed without YOUR MONEY  being used.

There is no fees to use a credit card if the balance is payed in full each month.  I NEVER use my debit card. I buy everything with credit cards only.  Receive a lot of free money back just for using the card with the rewards they offer on the credit card.  I never pay interest as I pay the balance each month in full.  

@SeaMaiden I agree.  HOWEVER, while it seems like "free" money with the points you get from your credit card company, that expense is passed onto the merchant.  When we were in business, before the China virus destroyed us, we would pay anywhere from 2 - 3.5% on each transaction to help cover those costs for the credit card company.  The more perks the card had, the higher the fees we paid.  You can bet that the expense is figured into the pricing, so in essence, the cost of everything goes up for everyone to cover  those fees.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I use the QVC credit card for all my QVC purchases.  I keep track on line and pay off by due date.  When I use easy pay no money comes out of my account so if I return I get a credit but never use my money right away.

I have never had an issue using their card.  I purchase everything on easy pay and as much free shipping as possible.  I use no paper billing and get a reminder when due.

Works great for me.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden I agree.  HOWEVER, while it seems like "free" money with the points you get from your credit card company, that expense is passed onto the merchant.  When we were in business, before the China virus destroyed us, we would pay anywhere from 2 - 3.5% on each transaction to help cover those costs for the credit card company.  The more perks the card had, the higher the fees we paid.  You can bet that the expense is figured into the pricing, so in essence, the cost of everything goes up for everyone to cover  those fees.

@Puppy Lips @Good insight! They get you coming or going😄

New Contributor

Re: double billing

[ Edited ]

Always someone like you (lovemygrands) making assumptions.  the word they did not show was c r a p--I am 73 and do not use vulgar language so you need to keep your mind and your assumptions out of the gutter.