Occasional Contributor

People need to beware!  I called customer service this morning on some issues with a current return and refund.

While on hold I saw an item that I had previously returned because it was defective.  When I returned it I marked on the return slip it was defective and told why it was defective, but I noticed I was charged for return shipping and did not receive a full refund on the order itself. 

I asked customer service about it and was told that if customers have a defective item you have to call customer service to report it.  I was told it doesn't matter what is marked or noted on the return slip.  If you do not call you do not receive a full refund for your initial purchase and return shipping.  I was told the people handling the returns just unbox them and do not pay attention to anything written on the return paper.

Imagine my surprise!  What is the point of having us mark on the back of the return the reason for the return?  Why is it not clearly marked that if item is defective you have to call customer service before item is returned in order to get the proper refund?

I was neglectful in not following up on the item to see if it was processed correctly.  I do not return many items but in going back I did find items that were returned because of a defect and on most I did not receive the proper refund.  Very discouraged and disappointed in how this is being handled.  In addition to customers not receiving the proper refunds how many items are being reshipped even if they are defective because the warehouse doesn't read the return slips?

So just be aware of you are returning anything to call customer service and then followup on the actual refund you receive.

BTW the initial reason for calling customer service this morning was because I had called customer service about an issue with some Clark shoes and was assured QVC made the error, and I was to return the shoes and a full refund would be given.  Instead of being given a refund of almost $72 I was only given $36.  So even if you call customer service you still have to be diligent and follow through.

QVC Customer Care

@kb122402 wrote:

People need to beware!  I called customer service this morning on some issues with a current return and refund.

While on hold I saw an item that I had previously returned because it was defective.  When I returned it I marked on the return slip it was defective and told why it was defective, but I noticed I was charged for return shipping and did not receive a full refund on the order itself. 

I asked customer service about it and was told that if customers have a defective item you have to call customer service to report it.  I was told it doesn't matter what is marked or noted on the return slip.  If you do not call you do not receive a full refund for your initial purchase and return shipping.  I was told the people handling the returns just unbox them and do not pay attention to anything written on the return paper.

Imagine my surprise!  What is the point of having us mark on the back of the return the reason for the return?  Why is it not clearly marked that if item is defective you have to call customer service before item is returned in order to get the proper refund?

I was neglectful in not following up on the item to see if it was processed correctly.  I do not return many items but in going back I did find items that were returned because of a defect and on most I did not receive the proper refund.  Very discouraged and disappointed in how this is being handled.  In addition to customers not receiving the proper refunds how many items are being reshipped even if they are defective because the warehouse doesn't read the return slips?

So just be aware of you are returning anything to call customer service and then followup on the actual refund you receive.

BTW the initial reason for calling customer service this morning was because I had called customer service about an issue with some Clark shoes and was assured QVC made the error, and I was to return the shoes and a full refund would be given.  Instead of being given a refund of almost $72 I was only given $36.  So even if you call customer service you still have to be diligent and follow through.

Hi @kb122402

First, welcome to the forums!  

I am sorry if you were mistakenly charged the return shipping fees.  While we do make every effort to process returns according to the information on the enclosed invoice, sometimes the fees do get charged in error.

If you would please email the order numbers in question, we would be more than happy to research this for you.

Barb 

Customer Care

Occasional Contributor

I appreciate this offer. The customer service represenative took all the information and put me on hold.  She came back and said that it was a QVC error and has now credited me with the proper refund.  The other items that bothered me and not refunded correctly were returned 6+  months ago and I feel that I should have caught that error and called in at the time.  I will be more diligent in the future.

For future reference could you please clarify the proper procedure.  Is it accurate you have to place a call to customer service in order for defective items to be credited properly or is marking the return slip all that is needed?

Thank you

Respected Contributor

Yes. It's been like this since they started the return label.  There have been plenty of posts about this.  You have to make sure that you do not get charged.  I started years ago calling ahead before I send the package with their label.  This is nothing new.  Thank you for the reminderSmiley Happy.

Trusted Contributor

My experience since I began to shop with QVC, is you have to watch them like a hawk!  They are the least customer friendly place I shop.  Because of this, I limit they type of items I will shop for with them.  No, I don't find them trustworthy on several fronts.

QVC Customer Care

@kb122402 wrote:

I appreciate this offer. The customer service represenative took all the information and put me on hold.  She came back and said that it was a QVC error and has now credited me with the proper refund.  The other items that bothered me and not refunded correctly were returned 6+  months ago and I feel that I should have caught that error and called in at the time.  I will be more diligent in the future.

For future reference could you please clarify the proper procedure.  Is it accurate you have to place a call to customer service in order for defective items to be credited properly or is marking the return slip all that is needed?

Thank you

Hi @kb122402

I am glad that the Customer Service representative was able to rectify this for you.  It should be sufficient to simply mark defective on the return slip, but if for some reason the fees are deducted in error we can certainly make that right for you.

Barb 

Customer Care

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your help Barb. 

Trusted Contributor

You must also be aware of returning something on your own.  They occasionally will deduct their shipping charge, even though you did not use their label.  This is carelessness, I believe, but you must call CS & tell them.  If I send back on my own, I leave the prepaid label attached to the packing slip stub, &'cross it out with a marker.

Super Contributor

@kb122402 QVC isn't the only shopping channel that you have to be aware re:returns!  I just returned a defective piece of jewelry to Evine (stone was crooked in the setting) and I did call customer service prior to the return. The CS rep told me she would note the issue and I would not be charged for return shipping using their label. I marked the problem on the return slip and shipped the package back to them thinking the issue was resolved.

Well, I was charged for the initial shipping AND return shipping! Called CS and was told that the return department doesn't even look at what is written on the return slip! She was very nice and refunded all shipping.

Bottom line --follow-up on everything!!!

Regular Contributor

If its a small or lightweight item to be returned, I do not use the $6.95 label QVC supplies. I buy my own label at P.O. and its usually half the cost. Felinemom