Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do returns take so long?

@ScarletDove - Although nobody wants to pay for shipping or return shipping, we know QVC charges for those things, and its rates are actually quite reasonable for most items. For example, if you buy a bakeware set, there's no way it would cost just $5.50 to get it to you or only $6.95 to return it, regardless of the shipping speed. On the other hand, if you're ever returning a small item like a piece of jewelry, I highly recommend paying for the return yourself rather than using the prepaid label; you'll typically save about half the cost by using USPS First-Class Mail and your return will travel about twice as fast.

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@ScarletDove - Although nobody wants to pay for shipping or return shipping, we know QVC charges for those things, and its rates are actually quite reasonable for most items. For example, if you buy a bakeware set, there's no way it would cost just $5.50 to get it to you or only $6.95 to return it, regardless of the shipping speed. On the other hand, if you're ever returning a small item like a piece of jewelry, I highly recommend paying for the return yourself rather than using the prepaid label; you'll typically save about half the cost by using USPS First-Class Mail and your return will travel about twice as fast.

@loriqvc  You are indeed, correct.  I judge the weight of the item and choose to either use the return label or return it on my own dime....weight being the factor!

Valued Contributor

It doesn't sit at Post office you have to track the ups # in order to track it. I just did that. QVC has had a return for 6 days & it's still not processed. Write down the tracking # on your return label and then you can see where the package is. Mine was delivered to Lancaster, pa. 6 days ago! It's just sitting there.

Valued Contributor

It could be! They must have many returns from what I'm reading in customers reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

I think its the same reason that it takes so long to get a package. "pony express mail.Woman Mad"

Honored Contributor

Very interesting.....similar to another thread on same subject.  Heads up QVC!!  Customers like to shop but your Shipping and Handling is NOT GOOD!  I think I am about done with QVC shopping.  Does QVC not realize it is easier to shop elsewhere online and get better service?  Not smart QVC.  Better listen to customers.

Re: Why do returns take so long? (SUPER LOOOOOONNGGG!!!!!)

I sent my package via post office on February 12 and received an email confirming that the refund process has started. Then I received an email on February 25, 2019, indicating that the REFUND WAS ISSUED. However it $0.00:

qvc complaints.PNG

On top of that, QVC already charged my CREDIT CARD with $6.95 for the SHIPPING and HANDLING of my RETURN. 

I called CUSTOMER SERVICE and the only answer they have is that "THE CORPORATE OFFICE still HAS NOT RELEASED THE REFUND". 

So what does REFUND ISSUED mean? If I still have not RECEIVED my REFUND. 

I have better luck with AMAZON, as soon as my product is EN ROUTE, I have already RECEIVED my REFUND. 

This will probably be the last time I'm shopping in QVC. What does QVC stand for anyway? QUICKLY VANISHING CASH? 

They take your money right away, but RETURNS are SUUUUPPPEEERR LOOOOOOOONNGGGG to process. 

Down at the bottom of the website says .. EASY RETURNS and FREE EXCHANGE ... yes its EASY for them .. but takes a LOOOOOOOOOONGGGG TIME to release the REFUND. 

qvc complaints 2.PNG

QVC Customer Care

Re: Why do returns take so long? (SUPER LOOOOOONNGGG!!!!!)

Valued Contributor

The delay in returns is plain and simple. QVC hires the least expensive service to pick up pre paid items at the post office.  Hence, they are making money on this as far as cash flow because the longer they don't have to return your money for a return, they are holding on to your money.  When it finally gets to returns, they take their good old time.  I became aware of this scam not long ago and will no longer shop at qvc AND SPEND ALOT ALOT OF MONEY THERE.

New Contributor

loriqvc is 100% correct as that is exactly what my post office told me about the "shipping agent".  They said it could take up to two weeks to see any activity related to this return.  When you want to replace the item with another and you need it now,  you can expect to wait up until a month to get the new size or color!  How's that for customer service??