Contributor

Why do returns take so long?

I sent a return/exchange package using the QVC label on Feb 6. It has been sitting at the PO in town since then and has not moved. That was 6 days ago. It is so frustrating that this happens to so many customers. QVC needs to reevaluate their returns process to be more customer friendly. Other companies don't have this problem. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why do returns take so long?

I have the same problem.  Dropped a return off last Thursday and it hasn't moved from the post office.  Why do returns sit for 6 days?  Frustrating.  I am reconsidering future purchases.  

Respected Contributor

And all too frequently, the excessive time it takes to send in for a return, by the time it is received, what you wanted likely could be sold out/out of stock!  Happened to me more than wanted!

Trusted Contributor

Much of the delay happens at the start of the return...the post office.  I take mine to a specific post office that seems to send them along quickly.  I usually get an email the next day that the return is on its way.  Credit comes in about 10 days.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just in case you didn't already know this, a shipping agent associated with a company called Newgistics picks up packages from the post office on behalf of QVC when you use the prepaid return label. This process often takes a few days because in most areas, the agent has a specific pickup schedule and/or may wait for multiple packages to be available before performing a pickup. This level of service is the lowest priority of shipping offered, so every other class and type of package will be handled first.

It is important to note that the USPS is only able to provide two status updates for your package after you drop it off—acceptance and agent pickup—because it is not directly involved in the delivery process beyond its role as a dropoff point.

For a few additional progress details (typically more than what you see if you use the "Track Your Return" feature here on qvc.com), enter your tracking number directly on the Newgistics site: http://tracking.smartlabel.com.The progress information provided is not as comprehensive as that of the major couriers, and shipping is slow throughout the process, but hopefully you'll be able to confirm that your package is at least moving toward its final destination.

Contributor

Everything seems to take so long now.  I have orders that sit in processing mode for days.  I ordered several items on Feb. 2 and I still have not received them.  It takes more like 10 to 15 days now to get your items.  Returns take even longer.  I’m not sure what the problem is, but it sure if frustrating.

Honored Contributor

I agree with @mac116 because I do think the PO's are different.  I detest returns, so I have little experience with them, but I know I get my packages much more timely than many.  I think over the last 3 years, maybe one package that arrived after its EDD and that one was one day late.  Usually, my deliveries are in the 4-6 day range.

One of the benefits of living in a high-density area is that there are most often several post offices convenient to use for mailing and returns.  Just because I have no choice about delivery doesn't mean I can't pick and choose in the other direction.

BTW-  in my neighborhoods, UPS and FedEx have similar problems.  MOst often all the services are good -  until they're not.

Respected Contributor

Could it be that so many things are being returned that there's a long line waiting to be checked in?

Regular Contributor

I agree with the OP, returns take way too long.  And like someone said....returning an item for an exchange is ridiclious as you never get the replacement item that you want as it is sold out by the time QVC gets the return and then ships a replacement.

But QVC doesn't have a problem charging you for the return postage and not refunding the postage that you paid to get the tiem sent to you.  They don't care how long the return takes to get to them or how long it takes to credit your account.

It's also amazing how fast they can get a TSV sent out but regular items sit there for days and days before they are sent.  BUT.......QVC now puts a status of "in process" on the item so that you cannot cancel it if you are sick of waiting and no longer want the item.  I don't think that is right.  If they can't uphold their end of getting the merchandise to us in a timely manner then don't take away our right to cancel if we are sick of waiting for you to ship it!!

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Just in case you didn't already know this, a shipping agent associated with a company called Newgistics picks up packages from the post office on behalf of QVC when you use the prepaid return label. This process often takes a few days because in most areas, the agent has a specific pickup schedule and/or may wait for multiple packages to be available before performing a pickup. This level of service is the lowest priority of shipping offered, so every other class and type of package will be handled first.

It is important to note that the USPS is only able to provide two status updates for your package after you drop it off—acceptance and agent pickup—because it is not directly involved in the delivery process beyond its role as a dropoff point.

For a few additional progress details (typically more than what you see if you use the "Track Your Return" feature here on qvc.com), enter your tracking number directly on the Newgistics site: http://tracking.smartlabel.com.The progress information provided is not as comprehensive as that of the major couriers, and shipping is slow throughout the process, but hopefully you'll be able to confirm that your package is at least moving toward its final destination.

@loriqvc  Thank you for the detail information for it is very important to those of us who may return an item. But, unfortunately, for what we pay for return shipping, the quality of the service is very poor!  Just one more negative for QVC!