Valued Contributor

Re: When will QVC do something about USPS?

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue, what QVC CAN do is restore customer choice for shipping options.  I've said this in my posts.  When we had that choice in the past, I always chose UPS.  I avoided USPS like the plague.  I have neither the time nor the desire to chase down packages when they're shipped USPS.  I shouldn't have to worry about having to reattach my mailbox or having my masonry damaged by USPS (NOT the fault if QVC).  

If I'm willing to pay a higher shipping fee to avoid the post office, I'll pay it, and that includes avoiding Mail Innovations.  As I'm sure you've read in these forums before, some people hate UPS, some hate USPS, each for their own very valid reasons.  Given a shipping choice, I think most of the customer complaints would end.  We could all select the option that works for us.  It won't cost QVC anything since we're paying the fees anyway, coming and going.

Honored Contributor

UPS often uses their "UPS Mail Innovations" which actually deliver their packages to the US post office. Many companies use this kind of additional shipper which can delay delivery times, and not have tracking show up until scanned in by local PO.There are other 3rd party shippers as well.

They are used for large companies (like QVC) with huge orders and deliveries.

It is more complicated now then a package going straight to our USPS or from UPS to your door.

With multiple shippers involved, it often creates a longer delivery time and if the package never arrives, trying to figure out from whom and where it might be.

Fortunately QVC will refund or ship again if you never get your package.

And even though it takes sometimes 3 weeks to get a return credit, they always do.

Its good to get a receipt on a return package showing it was scanned in. Then you can call QVC and give them that info if you still have not received a credit.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

What do you expect QVC to do about USPS?

QVC doesn't own the USPS. QVC can't discipline the USPS. QVC can't refuse to do business with the USPS. So what would you have them do?

@ChynnaBlue  That's what I wondered.  I think USPS is beyond rehabilitation. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I dropped HSN and a QVC return at the USPS exact same day.

HSN has already refunded me.  The QVC return status says it's "available for pick-up" since 4/7/16.  What does that mean?!

QVC Customer Care

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I dropped HSN and a QVC return at the USPS exact same day.

HSN has already refunded me.  The QVC return status says it's "available for pick-up" since 4/7/16.  What does that mean?!

@Mary Bailey I reviewed your account and I noticed an email was sent to you stating that the item is on it's way back to QVC. Once the item is scanned in the next hub, we will be able to provide you with the location of the package. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Wayne-QVC  I did read that email. 

I check the status daily with no updates.  I was concerned. 

Honored Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

USPS service is atrocious.  I have had packages either go missing or take three weeks to get to me while it ping-pronged its way from Lancaster through towns in New Jersey before it was delivered to me in Brooklyn.  USPS has also shoved packages into my mailbox -- one package was obviously too big to fit and caused the mailbox to fall off the wall.

Returns are no better.  I shipped a return to QVC on Tuesday, April 4.  Today is Tuesday, April 11, and there is no tracking information available on the QVC website:  "Status Unavailable."  The package may soon show up as delivered (at least I hope so), but in the meantime, I have no idea if it's still in transit or lost.  Calling the post office is not an option -- they don't answer the phone, ever.  I'll try the post office website next, but I'm not holding my breath.

Either way, it just makes me hesitate ordering from QVC if I can't choose my preferred mode of delivery, i.e., UPS Ground versus USPS, as it used to be in the past.  I often shell out the extra money for return UPS delivery so I know my package will get where it's going, but I was unable to do so with this package.  I do order from a few online vendors, but with the exception of a couple of them, most use UPS or FedEx Ground as their default shippers.

I've read about many similar complaints here on the Forums, so I know this is not an isolated issue. The problems with USPS are unacceptable, and I wonder when QVC will do something about this.  Probably never.  

Nope, not unless everyone wants to pay $10+ shipping for everything.

Sounds like you'd be happier shopping elsewhere.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

USPS is the WORST.  I quit ordering from the Q for many reasons, one of which is this nonsense about shipping USP and suddenly, they take it to a USPS facility.  Forget that!  I think all companies should allow you to choose who you want to deliver your packages and stick with it.  The only control the Q has is to quit using them. 

Valued Contributor

USPS has wonderful service for me. Most pkgs are delivered to a post office box, but occasionally to the house. 

Q can't do anything about the delivery companies, but Q COULD provide better tracking. Theirs is the worst tracking of any online vendor I have used. If tracking were current from Q website, it would be easier for all of us to see where the pkg is. 

Esteemed Contributor

I could write a book about my negative experiences with UPS - and I have written about some of them here over the last few years.

Give me USPS any day!