Honored Contributor

Re: When I go to the sign in page it is all weird layed out!

I'm using Chrome and the only way the Homepage appears 'normal' is for me to decrease the zoom feature, as was pointed out. Of course, doing so leads to a smaller text, which, in some instances, is hardly readable. Any way you slice it, Users should not have to pick and choose browsers or have to modify their settings or how they configure their browsers to accommodate QVC's website.  Instead, those who develop the website and are constantly tinkering with it need to deliver a user-friendly website browsing experience for customers

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

This new page is a total joke.  May stop shopping!!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Melvin-QVCwrote:

Hi everyone, I apologize for any inconvenience.  There were some updates done today and depending on which browser or device you are using, it may look a little different.  There is a mobile view and a desktop view.  

There are a few reasons you could be seeing a different view:

1. The new design uses a more modern approach to web display, and based on the new requirements set forth by our Design team and the Business, you will see Mobile when your browser width is 959px and below.  Previously, the Mobile would not show until the browser width was 800px and below.  Do you have smaller screens or have your browser shrunk?  It could be common to have the browser off to one side and smaller so that you can multitask.
  2. Similar to the above scenario, if you have zoomed-in your browser to magnify it, there is a point at which the browser width will technically be 959px and below, even if the actual width is larger.  Could it be that you have zoomed in quite a bit to see some of the text larger?
  3. Some Apple computers / monitors have a high pixel density – known as a Retina display.  To accommodate modern mobile devices, including high resolution tablets, we will display Mobile when the pixel density matches a Retina display and the browser width is 1280px or smaller.  There is a chance that some Mac laptops can fall into this category, and so you could be seeing Mobile when you are expecting Desktop.  A quick fix in this scenario would be to zoom out slightly, which will put the browser into 1281px or larger, and will show Desktop.

In addition to the Mobile vs Desktop display, there could be other reasons..... 

• Are you using Internet Explorer version 9 or below?  There are known issues with these older browsers.
  • Do you have JavaScript disabled on your browser?  Most of the features on our website will not work if JavaScript has been disabled.
  • If you are on a non-Homepage page, and seeing Mobile, you will not see the search box displayed.  To show it, you need to click the “search” icon next to “menu” and it will open up for you.   

I hope this information helps. 

Melvin, Customer Care

As usual, the blurb you are told to tell us is flawed.  By now haven't you learned you IT department is substandard, at best?  My computer has all updates, my JavaScript is enabled and up to date. I don't need to clear my cookies, THERE IS NO MENU on item pages to click on, no three bars either!  I, AND OTHERS VIEW THIS NEW LAYOUT AS AN INSULT!  THE NEW LAYOUT IS SUBSTANDARD, JUST AS YOUR IT DEPARTMENT IS!  STOP TRYING TO BLAME YOUR FAILING SITE ON YOUR CUSTOMERS!  

Trusted Contributor

Oh, for god's sake! I'm on Chrome and I have it zoomed in to 125% to make the text more easily readable. When I zoomed out to 110% the menu bar and search box showed up. I would just like to point out that many (most?) of us shoppers are not teenagers and don't have 20-20 vision anymore. Especially after years of spending many hours every day on the computer. Give me a freaking break!! If whole chunks of the most useful parts of your website disappear when someone zooms in a reasonable amount, then you have a problem. FAIL!

IT, back to the drawing board!!

Occasional Contributor

Not only is home page a mess, once signed on I can't tell if still logged on, no longer says hi to me. Then I can't find the SIGN OUT !   I don't know how long I can deal with this. I do not want to shop where I feel I can't log out.  The checkout was an absolute HORROR !  All print so small and to left of page and lines double printed.  Was I being scammed? Change my what ? Lol I use a 80 buck nuvision tablet bought from QVC to shop with.  Might be close to time to pay all easy pays and shop box stores and Amazon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melvin-QVC

I see I am not the only one with problems... I have issues only on my desk top.....I use Vista 7 and use Internet explorer as I can not do ANYTHING on Chrome on the QVC site.  Now the internet Explorer is giving me issues....

INTERESTING that I have NO Problems Or issues on the entire web.....Evine and HSN and every other website is just fine. The entire web!

IT IS JUST QVC that I can not navigate and   Now I am being told It is MY PROBLEM... MY COMPUTER?.......  I do not think that is the problem.