Contributor

When Duplicate Order Arrives

[ Edited ]

If you receive two each of items you ordered or you've ever received items you didn't order, do you notify the company or keep the items??

This has happened to me three times over the years.

1. Clinique sent me TWO identical orders, I called them and they thanked me but told me to keep everything, this was years ago.

2. A specialty jewelry company sent me a second bracelet (I ordered only one) in a smaller size. I called them and they said "just don't accept the package" IT WAS DELIVERED TO MY HOME, they said "mark it return to sender and bring it to the PO". I said I need a return label. They said "no just drop it off at the PO". I never did, they were very laid back about the call, didn't ask for my info and didn't seem to care.

3. I received two of everything in my order from a nationally known accessory brand. I called the same day to let them know. They told me I needed to send it back, took my address and phone and email, placed me on a VERY LONG HOLD, and said they would email me a return label. I explained that I'm not feeling well and don't know when I can get to the UPS store, this was their error and I was being honest to call, now I'm being inconvenienced to re-package and ship.

Thee big companies, three different responses. Has this happened to anyone? I notified each one, the right thing to do .....but.... ??

Respected Contributor

Re: When Duplicate Order Arrives

If you keep them that is stealing. You don't need to go to UPS store both UPS & USPS will pick up. Also you can mark something return to sender or refused & send back.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetailTherapy31  I can understand how frustrating it must be since you are trying to do the right thing. You can print the return label, and arrange for UPS to pick up the package, so that you are not inconvenienced.😊

I have had this issue twice with Amazon Prime, but they apologized, and told me to keep the items; likely due to COVID concerns. Amazon Fresh has sent food items I did not order with my delivery, and because they are food items, they cannot accept returns.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Contributor

I didn't say I was keeping anything and I didn't ask for your moral judgement on the matter.

Wanted to know if this happens to others.

Respected Contributor

I had a very odd thing happen....a Denim&Co. TSV from about a yr ago (that I returned) showed up at my home in a different color LOL!  I was wondering what was going on....so I contacted CS and they had no idea how that happened!  It showed in the system but I didn't place a order for it....it was linked to the old one from 1yr ago returned LOL!  It was pulled as a exchange and sent outWoman LOL  They refunded me the charge on the spot and I put it in the mail to them.

Contributor

Most of the time when QVC makes an error they have me return it with a postage paid label but most of the issues are damaged items. About half the time they want them back and once in a while they don't...... like broken glass. 

With the pandemic I don't know if they are tossing out returns or re-selling.

I go to the PO almost weekly or biweekly but not the UPS store.

Esteemed Contributor

Last year I ordered a pair of sunglasses from Amazon. I was sent 2 pair a day apart.I called Amazon & was told to keep the second pair.

A couple years back I ordered a shaper from Spanx.I was sent 2.I called & they told me to keep it.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

If you keep them that is stealing. You don't need to go to UPS store both UPS & USPS will pick up. Also you can mark something return to sender or refused & send back.

@CLHS68.  You can do a Refused - Return to Sender only if the package is unopened.  This applies both to UPS & USPS.

What they want done with the package probably depends a great deal on its value.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I just went through this with Kirkland's last week.  I ordered a big beautiful harvest pillow and received two.  At first, I thought I had ordered two by mistake, but the packing slip indicated only one.  When I called Kirklands, the customer rep checked my order to verify and told me since it was their mistake to keep it or donate it.  Good customer service.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a sweater or similar from Target and received a size M maternity T-shirt and they told me to just donate it.

I told them I was more then willing to return it to the store in person since I'm usually at Target each weekend, but they said that they would have no record of it being sent to me to return it so to just donate or throw it away.  I'm sure I donated it, since it made no sense to me to throw away a perfectly good shirt.

......You look like I need a drink.....