Trusted Contributor

We need a delivery estimate on backordered items

I know I'm not the only one frustrated with items on backorder. A gift for my sister was supposedly in stock when I ordered it, then a few days later I get an email that it's on back order. Ever since, I've been checking my order status daily, and rejoiced on Friday that it was "in process" today, it's back on backorder. We really need an estimated delivery with back orders. I'll give it one more week before I cancel and order something else, but it'd be nice if I could know if there's any hope in the order being fulfilled at all.

Honored Contributor

Re: We need a delivery estimate on backordered items

I know exactly what you mean.  It happened to be twice with a barefoot dreams sweater.  I just cancelled and happened to find it cheaper directly from BFD's website.  It is extremely frustrating.

Honored Contributor

Given the nature if backorders, I doubt it's possible to give estimates.  They don't even know IF they'll get the item, let alone WHEN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

FYI - generally speaking, when something is placed on backorder we give the vendor 2 weeks to provide inventory to fill the backordered items. Then we cancel the backorder. The difference for a waitlist is that we give the vendor 45 days to manufacture the item to fufill the waitlist.

Beth QVC

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Beth-QVC , I did not know that information. I appreciate your reply.

Super Contributor

Beth the bigger problem is you don't tell the customer at the time the order is placed that it will be backordered. If the item shows as in stock during the presentation or on the web site it should never be changed to backorder status.

We know if the item we order is on wait list or advanced order. If we choose to order it anyway that's our choice. We don't find out an item has been backordered until after the purchase - once for me several days after the purchase.