Valued Contributor

UPS Mail Inovations. What a joke!!

This will probably be deleted but.....Just curious if they are owned by a country that hates the US?  That is the sorriest excuse for a mail company I have ever seen!  They do not seem to have a clue to what zip codes are & they must hire sloths to process our packages!  Geez why does the Q use this horrible company for their loyal customers!  Just straight US mail is 10 times better!  Okay you can tell I just looked at my orders which have set in KC for a week now!  Problem is after they leave KC they will come to our town, in the south, then go to California, then maybe Atlanta.  Sometimes Wisconcin.  Finally they will land in the town just north of me & will have a note that says "address unknown"  or "no such address"!  Hmm have had this address for 35 yrs & no one else has a problem finding it!  I just can't understand how they can stay in business!  Okay, I'm done!  Just had to vent!

Respected Contributor

Re: UPS Mail Inovations. What a joke!!

I would have to agree that they are much slower than either UPS direct or USPS.  And I've had the message state "cannot access property for delivery".  Um, walk up to my front door. There's nothing stopping you.

Valued Contributor

Twice in the last 2 months I have had packages end up in Never Never Land while being transferred from UPS to the USPS.  I am disgusted with both of them for a number of reasons.  I've started addressing my letters in print rather than cursive because I've started to wonder if they are hiring people that are reading challenged.  I don't want to sound mean but I'm getting tired of being billed on my credit card before the item is or ever will be delivered.

Occasional Contributor

I am having packages come to my city only to be wrongly routed to a city hundreds of miles away before coming back to my city.  Crazy for sure.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, this is the most inefficient, incompetent and plain out lazy mailing system ever! I've had all the above happen. Just had a package that stated "No one to sign". #1 the package was under $90 and no signature was required and #2 my rural post office wasn't open at that time of the day......

I never had aproblem with USPS. I've had the same PO Box for 37 years and why should UPS "hand my purchase over to USPS" when USPS delivers directly...... Makes me so ANNOYED!!!

sigh.......

Respected Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Twice in the last 2 months I have had packages end up in Never Never Land while being transferred from UPS to the USPS.  I am disgusted with both of them for a number of reasons.  I've started addressing my letters in print rather than cursive because I've started to wonder if they are hiring people that are reading challenged.  I don't want to sound mean but I'm getting tired of being billed on my credit card before the item is or ever will be delivered.

You know I never thought about print vs. cursive.  I agree since, as I've noted before, some children now don't know how to write cursive.  As I've said in previous posts, my cousin has a grandson that never learned cursive and cannot write, he can only print.  AND he can't read cursive either.  She has been teaching him.  Can you believe that?  I am absolutely disgusted with all the delivery systems except UPS.

Respected Contributor

I agree that Mail Innovations can be slow and frustrating at times.  The bottom line is that it saves QVC and other sellers on their bottom line.  It's been in existance for many years as a cheaper way to ship.  I live fairly close to the hub, so it's probably not as bad for me as for some other people.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I had a package over the holidays that was shipped mail innovations. It sat in the post office about 2 hrs from here for about a week.

I called our post office & asked why was it just sitting there with no movement?

I was told Mail Innovations is the slowest cheapest mail delivery that they have. He said when the post office is busy those packages get set aside until they have time to deal with them.

He said all priority, first class, mail etc would be delivered before they deal with packages from Mail Innovations. 

My last order from HSN was shipped this way. Guess they are going to be using this slow shipping just like Q. 

I was buying mostly Andrew Lessman from HSN but have since started buying from Andrew's site because no tax plus faster shipping.

I will be shopping where I can get the best price & best shipping.

Honored Contributor

@Lovemyboots

Answer:

Because of a deal with them, it's the cheapest way for QVC to ship and QVC makes a lot of money on their 'slower than snail mail' return label, which can sit in the PO for a week or longer before this constipated mail service even picks up returns to QVC.

The longer it takes for our returns to reach QVC, then add 10 days for QVC to process our returns, the longer QVC gets to 'float' on our money, earning interest on our money in that time.

Just like QVC 'outsourced' their IT Dept. to another country because it's cheaper, which is why there are constant website issues for QVC buyers/users/CUSTOMERS. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lovemyboots

Answer:

Because of a deal with them, it's the cheapest way for QVC to ship and QVC makes a lot of money on their 'slower than snail mail' return label, which can sit in the PO for a week or longer before this constipated mail service even picks up returns to QVC.

The longer it takes for our returns to reach QVC, then add 10 days for QVC to process our returns, the longer QVC gets to 'float' on our money, earning interest on our money in that time.

Just like QVC 'outsourced' their IT Dept. to another country because it's cheaper, which is why there are constant website issues for QVC buyers/users/CUSTOMERS. 

Wow I didn't know that!  Thanks for sharing!