Esteemed Contributor

Live shows on "Cook Takeover" on Beauty IQ?

Moderators, do you have a list of days/hours when the "Cook Takeover" programming on Beauty IQ will be live? Or is all of the programming going to be repeats of previously aired shows from the other channels?

There's a one-sentence piece about this "takeover" if you click through a link from the main page, and upcoming shows are listed in the program guide, but there really isn't any detailed information available about what's going on. I'd like to tune in if there will be some new programming, but I'm not going to just keep checking to see if there might be a live show.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Live shows on "Cook Takeover" on Beauty IQ?

Mary DeAngelis mentioned it during her weekend show and said it would be the opportunity to catch up on reruns of all your favorite cooking shows, including the "mash up" one she and David did 2 weeks ago.

Looking at the schedule I would say that it will be nothing but repeats.  Looks to be mostly reruns of Mary, David, Stacey's new show, Rick's new show, Vitamix, Lock & Lock, etc.  Over and over again.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case, but it isn't clear so that's why I wanted to have someone from the Q confirm it...

Honored Contributor

Can anyone tell me why they are doing this? I don't mind in the least, but  what's up that they do this. Is the beauty channel not doing well?

Esteemed Contributor

I was just flipping through the channels and came across it. What is the purpose? It also tells you to visit BeautyiQ.com or call for pricing.. Is this a new channel?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio - It was mentioned during the "Now You're Cooking" event on Sunday that this week would be an extension of that event with a "Cook Takeover" of Beauty IQ to allow viewers to see a variety of Q kitchen shows all in one place. I wholeheartedly agree that this idea has not been executed well, and I think it's causing more confusion than appreciation. As I noted in my posts in this thread, there's only about one sentence about the event on the whole Q website, which seems like very poor planning.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mominohio - It was mentioned during the "Now You're Cooking" event on Sunday that this week would be an extension of that event with a "Cook Takeover" of Beauty IQ to allow viewers to see a variety of Q kitchen shows all in one place. I wholeheartedly agree that this idea has not been executed well, and I think it's causing more confusion than appreciation. As I noted in my posts in this thread, there's only about one sentence about the event on the whole Q website, which seems like very poor planning.

@loriqvc

I heard them announce it on air as well, and acted like they had done this once before.

I have to wonder why though. They are moving away from prerecorded/reruns on Q2 for more live programming, and I don't know if my DirecTV guide is correct, but it is showing many days of this takeover.

I love cooking and home decor type shows and many of us who do have said we'd love our own channel. Could they be testing the waters to see if that is something of interest to people? Is the beauty channel not doing well? Are they running out of hosts to keep so many live shows going? Just wondering why they are doing this. 

I'd prefer not to have the shows be repeats, but I have already tuned in and and will do so for others, even if I've seen them before. 

There has to be some (usually financial) reason they are doing this, just wish we knew what it was.