Trusted Contributor

If "tagging" a poster is permitted, how can we "block" a poster(s)? 

There are trolling posters on these forums who's main purpose is to start fights and leave unnecessary and ugly comments. Over the years, have read many posters leaving because of these vicious people.

It doesn't matter if someone says they like a living room picture, or an item of makeup, or a mixer, these trolls will attack.

For 10 years I've seen it, and experienced it, happen over and over and over, AND IT HAS TO STOP!

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Re: To Any Moderator: Blocking

@Mimi 1883, You can't block posters.  The Ignore feature was removed a few years ago and they have said it cannot be brought back with this program.

You have to use your own ignore and move past the posts.

Honored Contributor

If this person is not hassling you personally I would ignore it, otherwise there is nothing to be done about it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Is it really that bad? The only thing I hate is when arguments consist of quotes and more copied quotes. The posts get so incredibly long and I stop reading or skip them. It's like everyone wants the last word.

Esteemed Contributor

I just go right on by those people.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I just go right on by those people.

yes @LindaSal  everyone has to use their own personal ignore feature on these boards, especially if other posters upset you. see the name, scroll right past the post.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, they invade every conversation and they were born with a mouthfull of sour lemons and still have them in their mouth. Nitpick, nitpick.

Q doesn't ever kick them off the boards. They know who they are and we just have to put up with them what makes me livid.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE I so agree. There's one poster who posts long, rambling responses to many things, and often her posts have very little to nothing to do with the original post.

I just read one sentence and just move on. Her posts go on forever.

Honored Contributor

I wish I could be at the controls for 10 minutes I'd sure as **** drop kick about 5 out.  Reminds me of the gremlins at Christmas time.

Honored Contributor

It's up to us whether or not we respond or don't respond to snarky or rude remarks.  On the whole, I find it best to ignore them. Then again, sometimes I take the challenge. If you choose to "spar"....... just know that, while you may live by the "golden rule", they don't!!  Therefore, their ability to hurt us will be more than we would even think to do to them.

Soooo, what I am saying is.... let nothing that comes out of their mouths shock you.  See it for what it is.  A ploy to get us going. Once we learn to do that, life gets easier.