Honored Contributor

Re: This SHOWS the problem with a return...

Wednesday 6/19 at 9:39 am I dropped off 1) HSN return & 1) QVC return.

Today, received email my HSN refund processed and $5 spendable Kash for another order (to offset return costs I guess).

QVC return no tracking or idea where it is.  I know eventually it will be processed.

I do recall the return HSN label had "Mail Innovations" smart label return to HSN return center.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I am currently following a return to QVC. It's easy to see the problem when you follow the journey it is on:

* Dropped off at USPS on 6/9 at 9am

* 10 days LATER it is picked up by QVC's agent. The package SAT at the POST OFFICE for TEN DAYS. This MIGHT be part of the problem for QVC returns taking so long...you think?

@SahmIam after sending a package that sat at the post office for almost 10 days I realized the agent only picked up on certain days of the week so I started dropping off the day before and after that I had no issues with the packages/returns reaching the Q warehouse.

I did have an issue once with a package when the item reached ATL it "Magically Disappeared". To this day I don't know what happened but QVC did take care of my refund. Perhaps you can find out what day the agent picks up and if possible take to the post office then. This may help cut down on the travel/return time for you.

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53  When I found out how the USPS/QVC agent thing worked (last year), I asked if there was a pick-up schedule. I was told it was based on the weight. Since the weight is scanned in to the system, the agent comes by when the weight hits the specified amount. There is no way to know when that weight amount is going to be achieved. 

For example, the manager told me that a few large and heavy boxes for QVC  were scanned in the day after the agent had already been by. That afternoon, here was the agent again to pick up those large boxes. The next time they saw him, it was almost 3 weeks later. I have been fortunate to drop something off and the agent has been buy 1-2 days later. I know it can be days/weeks until pick-up.

I asked at 3 branches in my county regarding the pick-up and they've told me the same thing: depends on the weight. In those conversations, it was obvious that they've heard a LOT of complaints about this. Not their fault as QVC sets the guidelines, not the USPS.  The purpose of my post was to show the actual tracking so those who wonder why it takes so long to be returned can see the process. This is a QVC decision; perhaps they need to rethink it.

Honored Contributor

I use FedEx to return items.  It's cheaper when returning multiple items too.

The Q usually receives the return within 1-3 days and not only can I see the date they get it but the time as well as who signed for the package.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@GAQShopr53  When I found out how the USPS/QVC agent thing worked (last year), I asked if there was a pick-up schedule. I was told it was based on the weight. Since the weight is scanned in to the system, the agent comes by when the weight hits the specified amount. There is no way to know when that weight amount is going to be achieved. 

For example, the manager told me that a few large and heavy boxes for QVC  were scanned in the day after the agent had already been by. That afternoon, here was the agent again to pick up those large boxes. The next time they saw him, it was almost 3 weeks later. I have been fortunate to drop something off and the agent has been buy 1-2 days later. I know it can be days/weeks until pick-up.

I asked at 3 branches in my county regarding the pick-up and they've told me the same thing: depends on the weight. In those conversations, it was obvious that they've heard a LOT of complaints about this. Not their fault as QVC sets the guidelines, not the USPS.  The purpose of my post was to show the actual tracking so those who wonder why it takes so long to be returned can see the process. This is a QVC decision; perhaps they need to rethink it.

I Agree....it needs to be...thinking the pickup agent doesn't want to spend the money for daily pickups and I can see this from a business perspective... however, the customer is caught in the middle!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just returned some items to Lands End; I brought the box to the post office on Monday and handed it to the employee at the counter; this morning I just received an email that "My return has been picked up by USPS and is on its way to our facility."  So I assume that the agent of LE picked up the return this morning - 2 days after I dropped it off at PO.  OP said her package sat at the post office for 10 days - that is entirely too long.  (o/t - if OP dropped off package on 6/9, that was a Sunday, so I wouldn't expect it to go anywhere that day.  But 10 days?  Too much.)

Honored Contributor

@Mj12  Thank you for pointing out my mistake; I thought I'd typed in 6/8. I suppose I could state 11 days but since there is no pick up on Sundays (to my knowledge), I typed in 10. This shows I need to go back and re-read my posts beyond spell check, lol.

Valued Contributor

I have done that thinking if it gets to QVC quicker my return will be processed quicker, NOT TRUE.  Waste of money sending it UPS or FEDEX, IT STILL SITS IN THE PROCESSING CENTER FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY