Honored Contributor

Re: This SHOWS the problem with a return...

[ Edited ]

I was going to edit my original post but had to step away. What I was going to add:

A good friend of mine lives in the same zip as the return center for QVC. She and I send things to each other all the time. When I mail something to her via my own stamp or cost, she receives it the NEXT DAY.

Now, I'm not paying for any type of extra shipping; it's regular mail via the USPS center. It gets there over-night. To the SAME area as the QVC return center in PA. 

As per USPS, the QVC agent is chosen by QVC and NOT the USPS.  USPS is directed where to put the packages. They are scanned it and the weight recorded and the agent picks them up based on the weight/number of packages. Again, this agent is contracted by QVC NOT the USPS.

Knowing this, it's obvious where the issue originates. What I may do is the next time I have to return something to QVC (which may not be till next year, lol), I'm going to PAY for shipping myself and see how long it takes. If it arrives the next day (as my mail to my friend does), then this is ALL on QVC and you know THEY know it. Which just adds insult to injury regarding their returns.

And last, yes, I'll call CS and they'll credit my account. They are VERY good about doing that. Kudos to CS.

Regular Contributor

No for me it's not the issue, I had a package arrive in Ontario a month ago and have yet to see a refund or acknowledgment on my order page. 

QVC Customer Care

@Iris in bloom  We've just sent you an email. Cindy

Honored Contributor

Last week I returned 2 defective/damaged items, using the QVC return label & have a receipt for both.  I can track them via USPS, but they show “no status available” on the track return link for my items.  I guess I’ll just keep tracking them via USPS & wait another 3-4 weeks, then contact CS, if I don’t see the full credit on my credit card.  However, I’m not going to lose sleep over it.  I know I’ll get my refund; it just takes a while.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife - Once you see the update via USPS tracking that the agent has picked up the package, you can track it during the rest of its journey using the website of QVC's return courier, Newgistics: http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

Valued Contributor

My returns/exchanges sit at the post office on an average of 5 days. Then it takes 2 days to get to the next hub, which is a 3 hour drive from that post office. Once it gets there, it doesn't take long (4 or 5 days) to get back to QVC. Then of course, it takes another forever and a day for the new item to process and ship. I do appreciate the exchange program, but it is a miracle if my size and color are actually available by the time QVC gets my return and sends out the correct size or color.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Is this the fault of QVC or the post office one uses?  My returns don't sit at the post office.  They are picked up the same day I drop them off or the next day, depending on what time I get them there.

The third party agent picks up on a predetermined schedule or when a specified number of returns are collected at the PO. This was the information provided by my local PO. If you have a small PO, your return could sit for days. Same potential delay if I drop off a return at the UPS store. This process was set up by QVC to save them money and is a major reason the exchange process is a mess. By the time the exchange dept gets your request, chances are slim that what you need is still in inventory.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Is this the fault of QVC or the post office one uses?  My returns don't sit at the post office.  They are picked up the same day I drop them off or the next day, depending on what time I get them there.

The third party agent picks up on a predetermined schedule or when a specified number of returns are collected at the PO. This was the information provided by my local PO. If you have a small PO, your return could sit for days. Same potential delay if I drop off a return at the UPS store. This process was set up by QVC to save them money and is a major reason the exchange process is a mess. By the time the exchange dept gets your request, chances are slim that what you need is still in inventory.

@SunValley, I live in a small city so I cannot imagine my PO is considered large but I just don't have this issue, knock on wood.  However, once my items are delivered to QVC, sometimes it takes awhile for my return to be processed and a refund issued.

I have done 1 exchange and that was last fall/winter and it went flawlessly.  I had my doubts based on complaints on this board but the different size was sent to me. The entire process took about 2 weeks.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much @loriqvc!  I’ll bookmark the webpage.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SunValley, I live in a small city so I cannot imagine my PO is considered large but I just don't have this issue, knock on wood.  However, once my items are delivered to QVC, sometimes it takes awhile for my return to be processed and a refund issued.

I have done 1 exchange and that was last fall/winter and it went flawlessly.  I had my doubts based on complaints on this board but the different size was sent to me. The entire process took about 2 weeks.  

I always take my return to the main P.O. In my area rather than one of the smaller satellite ones or the franchise sites. I had a return sit for 7 days at the small P.O. by me but the main one has a collection most days. 

I have had no luck with exchanges. Took a month and then the email comes saying size and/or color no longer in stock. It's an inconsistent process at best.