Honored Contributor

What does it matter to you?

This is a very active forum with many  many topics, not all QVC related.

I belong to other forums on the internet but the topics of discussion are very narrow.

Whether I buy from QVC or not, I will always enjoy this forum.

Your TWO posts were unnecessary.

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Dont sweat it, I come here for the good conversation, but I have not placed a Q order in over 7 years!!

There are other non QVC customers here and I always wondered why.  Much of the conversation is about QVC programming and products.  We aren't allowed to discuss anything topical or anything of interest.  There are many, many other sites that exist for discussion about any subject you can think of.  So, why hang out here????

Honored Contributor

@Sarah from the South. They're opening a huge new warehouse in Bethlehem.  I'm sure it's full of automated conveyors and selection equipment.  They could be having trouble with that, which would explain wrong items sent.  I wonder if they're too embarrassed to tell us ladies-in-waiting?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

i don't know if this is the reason why shipping and now i'm hearing returns are taking so long, but since it was announced that qurate bought the rest of hsn, maybe 2 years ago, i've read articles that said

- that qvc was building a new warehouse in pa and planned to close others

- were going to take some system (either ordering or fulfillment - i can't remember which now) that they were already using for another company (my guess is one from another online company that they own) and modify it for qvc.

from an IT perspective, i can tell you that doing those two alone, will slow things down, if the plan isn't solid.

on top of that, i remember read a few articles that listed people that were moving/promoted to a new department or division.

so i guess there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

no, i am not attempting to make any excuse or justify what's going on, just relaying what i've read online.

as for better shipping times, the only thing i remember was that packages should be delivered 2 days sooner. there was no date of when any of these items would take effect or be live.

yes, it would have been better to say something like "we're growing and are in the process of doing x, y and z. there will be delays in a, b and c, but we are working on it".

i don't think that it is fair to have customer service or whoever, bombarded with "when is my order going to ship" or whatever. but they were not taken into consideration either.

i suspect a portion of the purchases over the last few months have been for gifts to someone (like a birthday or wedding for example). many of which did not arrive in the usual 7-10 day time frame. this probably caused people to have to order something else from someplace else, or go to a store. but i guess, that customers were not taken into consideration, because nothing has been said. no, saying anything is not a requirement, it just brings good will, as some say.

not saying anything means several things to me, none of which are good.

what i do know is that whatever is going on behind the scenes could have waited until december 24th to start, as i don't think it would be criminal to wait. why risk annoying (and worse) customers that want to do business with you, especially at the busiest shopping time of the year, when the changes are not a do or die choice?

like many, i am/have cut back on purchases and i am not happy about not being told anything, so last month, i shopped online elsewhere for my xmas gifts. they all had free shipping and most were at least 30% off. they are all here and i even wrapped some. <smile> the only problem, is that knowing me, i will forget about wrapping the rest until dec 25th LOL

Valued Contributor

@Havarti, at least for 4 weeks, they have turned the lights out over night.

Trusted Contributor

@iwrite 

And so it begins in many ways.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Contributor
My trenches shipped after 5 days and blazers after 7.
Hopefully they are delivered in a timely manner.
Good luck to all.
Valued Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@iwrite 

And so it begins in many ways.

@Havarti 

sadly, it's always something going on, to attempt to make our days more stressful, but i learned a long time ago, there is no point in trying to figure out why people do what they do.

i just move on and have a great day! we are only on this planet for a very short time, so for me, spending any amount of time on "why did so and so do this or that",  is just time that i will never get back. as long as one doesn't try to mess with my money or my health, i can almost always find a solution/work around. mess with either of those and it's a whole different ball game. i hope that you have a great week!