Respected Contributor

Re: System not available????

I have been having this problem since yesterday morning.  My account has been reset.  I have cleared my cookies.  I have closed the site and re-entered I don't know how many times.  I buy online through ShopatHome to get a rebate.  I don't want to order by phone.  Looks like QVC is losing a lot of business because of this problem.  Can't believe they haven't fixed it by now.  I'm not trying to order a lot of items but there are a few on sale that I would like to buy.  Very frustrating.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

Changed browser and still can't add items to my cart!  This is truly ridiculous.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melvin-QVC

Here we are on Saturday 7/20 and this problem continues for many of us.  I sent a long note to QVCSocialTeam 7/19 about what I have experienced (same as others) and there has been no response or help.  I am using Edge browser; if I play with the IE browser, able to cart and order, but QVC does not recognize PW change, defaults back to my former PW. This problem affects Edge on my PC. I have called CS and sent an email to change my password—apparently it worked but system does not recognize, as stated it defaults to former PW and still get “systems unavailable”. One call couple days ago to CS, agent said he would reset my account with an email link and said to change my password--since reset & link worked I did not change password at that time, did it later. I must manually type changed PW each time I sign in. Next day back to not working, I have tried numerous times to clear history/cookies, restart and nothing works. What is being done to fix this problem?  I do not want to do automated ordering since I order through iGive Charity or use an unsupported IE browser when the online system needs to be working for all your customers. I had MS updates just before this problem, have other people with problems received MS updates and could this have any effect on this problem and are they using Edge browser?  I will continue to use IE and manually type corrected PW each time I sign in using IE for me to order anything until you have fixed the problem affecting Edge. HSN works on Edge, why not QVC?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Melvin-QVC

Here we are on Saturday 7/20 and this problem continues for many of us.  I sent a long note to QVCSocialTeam 7/19 about what I have experienced (same as others) and there has been no response or help.  I am using Edge browser; if I play with the IE browser, able to cart and order, but QVC does not recognize PW change, defaults back to my former PW. This problem affects Edge on my PC. I have called CS and sent an email to change my password—apparently it worked but system does not recognize, as stated it defaults to former PW and still get “systems unavailable”. One call couple days ago to CS, agent said he would reset my account with an email link and said to change my password--since reset & link worked I did not change password at that time, did it later. I must manually type changed PW each time I sign in. Next day back to not working, I have tried numerous times to clear history/cookies, restart and nothing works. What is being done to fix this problem?  I do not want to do automated ordering since I order through iGive Charity or use an unsupported IE browser when the online system needs to be working for all your customers. I had MS updates just before this problem, have other people with problems received MS updates and could this have any effect on this problem and are they using Edge browser?  I will continue to use IE and manually type corrected PW each time I sign in using IE for me to order anything until you have fixed the problem affecting Edge. HSN works on Edge, why not QVC?

Update:  after being able to order 1 item in IE, it allowed 1 order only, stopped and now I get "system unavailable" on IE browser so I cannot order online with either Edge or IE.  No response from CS on this problem via email or here.

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Melvin-QVC

Update:  after being able to order 1 item in IE, it allowed 1 order only, stopped and now I get "system unavailable" on IE browser so I cannot order online with either Edge or IE.  No response from CS on this problem via email or here.

Update:  do not know how this got "best answer" problem resolved because as of today, 7/22 it is still not resolved.  Yesterday, system in Edge allowed me to order 1 item, then gave me the "system unavailable"; tried  IE and Foxfire and neither of them allowed me to order; "system unavailable". I have yet to hear one word from QVCSocialTeam about this problem.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove wrote:

Update:  do not know how this got "best answer" problem resolved because as of today, 7/22 it is still not resolved.  Yesterday, system in Edge allowed me to order 1 item, then gave me the "system unavailable"; tried  IE and Foxfire and neither of them allowed me to order; "system unavailable". I have yet to hear one word from QVCSocialTeam about this problem.

@ScarletDove,   Regarding the "best answer" -- in some of the sub-forums (not all), the OP of a thread has the option of marking one or more of the replies as "best answer."   

I don't often start threads, so I can't find one right now to refresh my memory, but I believe it's an option at the bottom of each reply, next to the red heart.   

You also can, as the OP, un-select the response(s) as "best answer" -- last time I used one, it would toggle off and on so it probably still does.   Hope that helps a wee bit, and I hope the tech glitches mentioned in this thread have been resolved.🌻

(Just for info, here's the thread in which the feature was introduced in "Fashion":

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Best-Answer-feature/m-p/2215094/highlight/true)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Something is wrong because when I opened all orders to see if any had shipped the screen said I have no open orders! It also doesn't show the picture of the item I ordered. My saved for later items are all gone! They have been working on their computers forever & I'm tired of waiting. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo  Thanks for the info and hint, apparently I did mark it by mistake, I "unselected" the post!

Esteemed Contributor

I have had problems ordering food from peapod  this morning[stop and shop] on line. They say it is a "maintenance problem" these things happen on line  from time to  time O/P. Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

When I try to place an item in my cart I am getting this message:

Shopping Cart

We're sorry. Our systems are not currently available.

When will it be corrected please?

I will get my magic crystal ball and let you know..Woman LOL