Valued Contributor

“System” does not allow order cancellations

QVC "system" does not allow cancelling an order even when that order is not scheduled to ship until one month after placing the order!  With that system I will have to stop placing advanced food orders on new items presented.  I am always concerned when new items are on air and a TSV because it might taste awful.  This vendor has a good track record so I took a chance.  Then the reviews appeared and there were many one star comments so I decided to cancel the order.  You cannot cancel. The "system" does not allow it.  I tried my online order page, automated customer service, and a real customer service person, and QVC social....all said NO!  However, a request has been submitted.  So...I will no longer place orders on new food items until after reading reviews.  Wanted you to be aware.

Respected Contributor

Re: “System” does not allow order cancellations

Is this something new?  Just on food items?  I've cancelled advance orders in the past.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog  I believe most people here are aware of the cancellation policy.  However, there is a "no questions asked, money back" guarantee on all food items.  If it's not in any way satisfactory, you may call CS and request a refund.  Food items are not returned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

QVC "system" does not allow cancelling an order even when that order is not scheduled to ship until one month after placing the order!  With that system I will have to stop placing advanced food orders on new items presented.  I am always concerned when new items are on air and a TSV because it might taste awful.  This vendor has a good track record so I took a chance.  Then the reviews appeared and there were many one star comments so I decided to cancel the order.  You cannot cancel. The "system" does not allow it.  I tried my online order page, automated customer service, and a real customer service person, and QVC social....all said NO!  However, a request has been submitted.  So...I will no longer place orders on new food items until after reading reviews.  Wanted you to be aware.

Thanks for pointing this out!  This must be a new policy.  I ordered a TSV for a Christmas gift last July but cancelled it when I decided to go another direction.  That would be awful if I wasn't able to cancel it.

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 There has always been a very brief window for cancellations like maybe an hour or so. You can cancel wait list items if they're not processing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Yes, I was aware of refunds on food but rather than going thru that and wasting food I thought it better to cancel.  And this order is an advance order that does not ship for one month!  It is a silly policy.  I just will wait and read reviews on new items before ordering.  

Respected Contributor

Are you referring to things on auto delivery?  I have seen others say they can't cancen auto deliveries for future deliveries, if that is the case that is really not good.

Valued Contributor

I just checked my order page and it now has cancelled!  Apparently the request from social was granted.  I have to wonder why they even have a edit/cancel area on the account page if you have to call or email CS.  Anyway, problem solved but I will still not order new food items.  Hate the hassle.