Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stop hosts from spreading panic

@sann wrote:

I see her and reach for the remote.

-------------

I do the same. Just don't enjoy her presentation skills....or lack thereof....

Frequent Contributor

Plus, she yells!  

Respected Contributor

She should not have said that.  It would be helpful if people would just put their brains in gear before opening their mouths. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Whosits wrote:

Racheal Bose on Gourmet Holiday just said apprx 3:20 CST 'I'm not sure if your grocery stores are still open or not.' What the ***?! People have only now just slowed down on the hoarding buying. With statements like she just made, people will start thinking again that grorcery stores are starting to close and they WILL NOT BE. Thinking of the millions of viewers that statement may have reached irrepreable damage may have been done.

Nonsense.  Everyone knows their grocery stores are open and will be staying that way.  Nobody pays any attention to a blithering QVC show host trying to sell over-priced food.

Unfortunately there are people out there that will pay attention to what the hosts, even Rachael have to say.  They may be alone, scared, can't get out and think the hosts are their friends and will panic and buy.  Sad but true.  She was irresponsible with her choice of words.

Trusted Contributor

Call her out on her facebook page. If your post is poofed, you have all the knowledge you need about the host and her intentions.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

Guess I'm the only one that interpreted if still open to refer to stores adjusting their normal hours, closing early for cleaning and restocking.

We have one grocery store in town that usually closes at 7.  They are now closing at 5.  Others that are normally open until 10 or 11 now close at 8.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

Me too... won't watch her ever!

Valued Contributor

I heard RB make the comment. I thought- you are part of the problem. Don't do that anytime- but especially when the country is in such turmoil. Sometimes I think the hosts live in a bubble or aren't aware of things going on in the world.