Valued Contributor

Stop hosts from spreading panic

Racheal Bose on Gourmet Holiday just said apprx 3:20 CST 'I'm not sure if your grocery stores are still open or not.' What the ***?! People have only now just slowed down on the hoarding buying. With statements like she just made, people will start thinking again that grorcery stores are starting to close and they WILL NOT BE. Thinking of the millions of viewers that statement may have reached irrepreable damage may have been done.

Respected Contributor

Re: Stop hosts from spreading panic

I did not see it but that was a very poor choice for a selling tactic.

Honored Contributor

I've been told our stores are more full now than last week. I suppose pantries and freezers of the hoarders are full. She shouldn't have said that.

Honored Contributor

@Whosits Takes me all the way back to the 1950's and my mother constantly advising "Consider the source."  

Not much chance a shopping channel host from PA has good advice about the supermarkets where I am.   Good heavens, I'm in Florida, but I wouldn't take advice from an HSN host either -   their area isn't yet the same as we on the SE coast!    don't drive four hours to buy a gallon of milk or the cookies to go with it!

Honored Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

Racheal Bose on Gourmet Holiday just said apprx 3:20 CST 'I'm not sure if your grocery stores are still open or not.' What the ***?! People have only now just slowed down on the hoarding buying. With statements like she just made, people will start thinking again that grorcery stores are starting to close and they WILL NOT BE. Thinking of the millions of viewers that statement may have reached irrepreable damage may have been done.

Nonsense.  Everyone knows their grocery stores are open and will be staying that way.  Nobody pays any attention to a blithering QVC show host trying to sell over-priced food.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Whosits I understand your point, but hopefully people will take comfort in the fact that it's been stated many times on the news channels that the grocery stores will remain open.  Let's hope that people are getting their news/info from appropriate venues and not shopping network hosts. 

Furthermore, since you stated emphatically (all cap letters) that the stores will stay open ~~ that fact is out there for all.

Maybe Rachael used a poor choice of words ~ I doubt she meant to cause any type of panic.  Everyone is functioning with this difficult situation in the back of their minds ~ let's take a breath and try to be supportive rather than finger pointing. 

Respected Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

Rachel Boesing

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

Reminds us that underneath it all, these are salespeople.

Esteemed Contributor

Stacy did the same thing the other day.... It is not necessary. Everyone knows at anytime things can go south.

Respected Contributor

I see her and reach for the remote.