Contributor

Shipping - First In/First Out or First In/Last Out

Just wondering what shipping order QVC utilizes when processing their orders.  I ordered a Logo item BEFORE it aired on December 4th.  Then, after seeing it on models during the airing, I ordered another (actually two).  The items that I ordered during the airing are in my closet as write this.  The original order ... not so much.  Received an email saying order was delayed.  Why wouldn't my first order be processed before subsequent orders?

Hope this makes sense.  I just don't understand how the Q determines what orders get processed when.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping - First In/First Out or First In/Last Out

Unless we have personally worked in the QVC shipping dept, no one here can answer that.

Would only be speculation.

I have had that happen also.

To me, it doesn't make a difference at all which one arrives first as long as I get my order.

Honored Contributor

A similar experience when both were ordered on the same day a few minutes after the other.  One arrived within 7 days.  The other spent 2 weeks in preparing your order.  Both were the same item in different colors from last year's stock. 

I used to think in-stock items were processed in the order they were placed.  That's obviously not the case.  

Honored Contributor

I'm sure shipping depends on the availability of the size and color of the item ordered.  They don't all necessarily arrive at the same time.  If its immediately available it ships fast; if it's bobbing on a freighter off the coast, it takes longer.  That's just the way things are now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I ordered two Kim Gravel items on the 11th for my daughter for Christmas. I just hoped they would be here before Christmas day. My package came today, both items. I am seriously impressed. I can't say I've ever had any major shipping issues with the Q, but I know a lot of you have.

Frequent Contributor

Hi

I think the problem is with USPS and not QVC.  I ordered the Denim & Co TSV on 12/2 and it shipped out on 12/5.  I still have not received it.  When I checked tracking with QVC and USPS, my sweater top has been floating all around NJ for the past 2 weeks.  The latest tracking info that I received is that my order is in transit and will be arriving late.

I just hope I like the sweater since I have also been checking the reviews for this item, and they aren't as great as I was expecting them to be.  I haven't checked with the QVC Social Team yet about this but hopefully I will receive my item within the next few days.  If I don't receive it before Xmas, I will email the Social Team.

The Social Team has always been great so I will just wait it out.  Today is 12/18 so my order has been floating around very locally for over 2 weeks.  I wish I could just go to the post office and pick it up myself.