Honored Contributor

QVC stop expecting me to subsidize people who buy larger than twin size sheets, bedspreads,etc. Why should I pay the same price for a twin size that someone who needs a Cal-King pays?

Honored Contributor

That is one pricing scheme that I clearly have never understood.  I buy queen size, so I don't have a problem with that method.  But it sure would bug me if I bought twin size and had to pay the same price.  In fact, a couple of years ago I mentioned sheet shopping on QVC to a friend.  When she realized the way they structured their pricing, she refused to buy sheets.  She was buying for a standard double bed at the time and refused to subsidize those larger sizes.  Truly a "puzzlement".  At least to me also!!!!

Honored Contributor

I agree with you and would be upset buying Twin for the same pricing as a Cal King.

And the marketplace used to be that Plus Sizing was more expensive generally than regular sizing (more material, more effort sewing, more notions, etc.).... so are the smaller sizes subsidizing larger sizing so the pricing can remain the same for all sizes?  

It would seem to me to be so as the price of fashion has gone up.   People have complained about $50-$80 blouses and I agree.....  so does the cost of an XXS compare to the cost of a 3X?  As a lifetime sewer I can tell you that they do NOT compare.  One is less expensive to make than the other..... 

Disclaimer:  I am not stating that Plus sizes should be targeted as costing more to purchase, merely pointing out that I believe this type of pricing is done all the time in order to subsidize ALL sizing regardless of individual costs.  I believe this is done so sizing = price can remain the same for everyone and thereby no size is targeted.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Try Bed Bath and Beyond.  You pay for the size you buy.  QVC is NOT the only place to shop.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree.... it is very unfair to charge the same amount for all sizes .... I have a king size bed so it works out for me but, if I had a twin, full or queen I would never buy the sheets!!

Valued Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I agree with you and would be upset buying Twin for the same pricing as a Cal King.

And the marketplace used to be that Plus Sizing was more expensive generally than regular sizing (more material, more effort sewing, more notions, etc.).... so are the smaller sizes subsidizing larger sizing so the pricing can remain the same for all sizes?  

It would seem to me to be so as the price of fashion has gone up.   People have complained about $50-$80 blouses and I agree.....  so does the cost of an XXS compare to the cost of a 3X?  As a lifetime sewer I can tell you that they do NOT compare.  One is less expensive to make than the other..... 

Disclaimer:  I am not stating that Plus sizes should be targeted as costing more to purchase, merely pointing out that I believe this type of pricing is done all the time in order to subsidize ALL sizing regardless of individual costs.  I believe this is done so sizing = price can remain the same for everyone and thereby no size is targeted.

I don't think so. I've never seen this at B&M stores. It doesn't seem fair to me. What I like about Target online is I can buy just bottom sheets or top sheets or pillowcases without buying the whole set.