Respected Contributor

Re: Returns for exchange not working

This was the 2nd time I've had an issue with sending something back for an EXCHANGE and received a REFUND.  

I ordered Tarte makeup and the color didn't work so I wrapped everything up and even wrote in red marker on the packing slip "EXCHANGE FOR NEUTRAL MEDIUM" before I tucked it inside the pouch.  Off it went.  Yesterday, I received an email notifying me of my refund.  I checked inventory, the Neutral Medium was available, so I called CS and explained that I wanted an exchange, not a refund.  Then I thought about it and decided to just take the refund PLUS THE SHIPPING which CS was super nice about giving me.  It was their fault.  While what I ordered was a good deal (a duo with a nice brush), I'll be better off going to brick-and-mortar to test out the colors instead of any more back and forth. 

CS has always been very good to handle things like this.

I'd like to be able to let Tarte know, however, that they lost my sale due to someone being asleep at the wheel.  

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife   CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE RIGHT NOW AND ASK AGAIN FOR THE SHIPPING TO BE REFUNDED TO YOU.  THEY JUST DID IT FOR ME FIVE MINUTES AGO WHEN I CALLED WITH THE SAME ISSUE YOU HAD.  THERE WAS NO ARGUING, EASY PEASY.  GO MAKE THE CALL!!

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Just a last comment from me...if we need to go through the EZ returns process with QVC representatives, then why does the return form which comes with some items ask for exchange information on the bottom?  That doesn't work as I've found out.  It's disappointing when you like something and need another size.

It IS disappointing I agree @Another new name Sue 

So much of the returns process is automated...they just scan in the bar code on the label.

I think it is very POOR training !  I have put GIANT notes on the return invoice that were ignored!

This EZ returns system really makes a difference!!!

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@RespectLife   CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE RIGHT NOW AND ASK AGAIN FOR THE SHIPPING TO BE REFUNDED TO YOU.  THEY JUST DID IT FOR ME FIVE MINUTES AGO WHEN I CALLED WITH THE SAME ISSUE YOU HAD.  THERE WAS NO ARGUING, EASY PEASY.  GO MAKE THE CALL!!

@BarbiHollywood 

?????

Did you maybe mean this for someone else?

I don't have any issues...

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife I guess I typed your name instead!  Sorry!!  :-)

Respected Contributor

Qvceasyreturns.com has handled my exchanges. The new item comes fast. Try that route next time you need an exchange.

Honored Contributor

If I really want an item I will just order the new one, higher price and all, if necessary.  I have no faith in the exchange program.  Even the hosts don't sound sincere when they say it.  

Respected Contributor

Worked perfectly for me twice this month.  I used qvceasyreturns who immediately processed my request and I had the new item in 10 days.  When I received my new item I returned the one I was exchanging.  Couldn't have been easier. One was shoes where I needed a larger size and one was a swimsuit that I was exchanging for a different color. 

New Contributor

Don't forget too that they sometimes send multiple items in one box but if you return more than 1 item because of the size for ex., they charge multiple times for shipping & handling. At least allow for 1 shipping & handling charge with returns if packaged together. I know since I've found that they will not allow for a free size exchange any longer, that I'm leary about purchasing clothing.  

Occasional Contributor

The exchange program at QVC has totally broken down. I can't even count how many items I have returned for a different size or color and have been issued a refund and no exchange it sent to me. I check inventory several times per day every single day and the item in the size I want always shows that it is in stock. My only alternative is to order the new size or color myself, thus losing out on the original shipping and being charged the return fee and then having to pay shipping and handling once again for the correct size.

It's sad because I've been a QVC customer for a long time and I no longer feel safe to order any item that may need to be exchanged