Frequent Contributor

Returns after 30 day deadline?

I know there is a 30 day return deadline to get your money back, but has anyone ever sent something back after and was able to at least get store credit??

I ordered my mother that TSV Pilates bench from over a month ago and I just found out she waited forever to get a neighbor to put it together for her and apparently she will never be able to use this. You need a lot of hand strength to keep adjusting the springs,etc. So of course, my window to return the item passed 7 days ago.

Anyone had any luck before?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Returns after 30 day deadline?

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous195334 wrote:

I know there is a 30 day return deadline to get your money back, but has anyone ever sent something back after and was able to at least get store credit??

I ordered my mother that TSV Pilates bench from over a month ago and I just found out she waited forever to get a neighbor to put it together for her and apparently she will never be able to use this. You need a lot of hand strength to keep adjusting the springs,etc. So of course, my window to return the item passed 7 days ago.

Anyone had any luck before?

Thanks

@Anonymous195334  I would call CS and explain your situation and see what they say.  Or, ask the Mods in Customer Care forum.  They have been very helpful.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo  Hey, lucymo, this is the Customer Care forum tht the poster posted in!  LOL Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@lucymo  Hey, lucymo, this is the Customer Care forum tht the poster posted in!  LOL Smiley Happy

@Pearlee@  Yes, but if she /he addresses the Mods they might be more apt to answer.  You know that little @ thing.  lol

Trusted Contributor

I would call and ask.  Explain the details and they might allow you to return.  I just received an email from Q today giving me a tracking number for a return item I mailed June 25th.    I called because I was concerned they would not take the return  as it was originally shipped to me June 10.  The young man in CS checked and my account was credited today.   We have no idea where the delay was and they did not need a copy of my mailing receipt.   There is nothing lost by asking.  Check with UPS and FedEx to see who has the best price for shipping and insurance.  For your item you will want insurance and a signature from the Q when they receive your return.  I have never had a problem but I have read here where people lost money because of a shipping problem.   Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I have and they refunded my money.  But I do think it depends on your individual purchase and return history.  I also would call and explain.  I am thinking they would understand and they would approve of the return.  Don't wait though.  Call right away.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The policy to get a price adjustment when an item you purchased is reduced in price is 30 days from the ORDER date.  For returns, it's 30 days from when you RECEIVE the item, not when you ordered it.  You would still be within the window.  Just realize that with the pilates equipment, those items usually ship directly from the vendor.  So I would be surprised if you received a return label.  More than likely you would have to pay to ship it back yourself and that would be expensive.

But yes, I have returned after 30 days.  Sometimes it takes up to 10 days from when I ordered the item before I receive it.  This was explained to me by a CS rep several years ago.

Frequent Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

The policy to get a price adjustment when an item you purchased is reduced in price is 30 days from the ORDER date.  For returns, it's 30 days from when you RECEIVE the item, not when you ordered it.  You would still be within the window.

I received it on 06/21, which meant it would have had to have been shipped back prior to 7/21.

Just realize that with the pilates equipment, those items usually ship directly from the vendor.  So I would be surprised if you received a return label.  More than likely you would have to pay to ship it back yourself and that would be expensive.

I actually did receive a return label, it's only 10.95. Which is odd since it's so heavy.

I'll try calling, thanks everyone for the responses.

Valued Contributor

I have returned an item way past the 30 days without calling QVC several years ago. I  received my refund no questions asked. 

QVC Customer Care

@Anonymous195334

Have you had a chance to call CS yet? If not I would be more than happy to assist you with this...please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.

Beth QVC