Respected Contributor

Returning Defective Item....

[ Edited ]

Hello I ordered 2 of the same items (Martha Stewart Patch Jeans) same order same day placed on a advanced order.  I received them yesterday....the shipping/return label was printed long after 2/11 so I should be able to use the Q return label...correct??

Also they shipped these to me separately which is wasteful....so I am putting both pairs in same bag as returns.

I only opened the size 6 pair...while it fit in hips and waist ....one leg is about 1 inch shorter then the other.  I didn't open the size4 pair for obvious reason(size 6 fit so size 4 would be to small)...so I have no idea if they have the same problem or not.  

I was hoping a note about this could be placed on these jeans and I don't believe I should be charged a return fee for either of them.  I am correct??

Thank you for answering these questions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Returning Defective Item....

While the defective ones should not incur a return fee, but you don't even know if the size 4 were defective, since you didn't even open them.

You should be charged a return fee for the unopened size 4, since you're basically returning them because they won't fit you, since the defective size 6 pair did.

We all have to pay a return fee for items that don't fit.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@tsavoritewrote:

Hello I ordered 2 of the same items (Martha Stewart Patch Jeans) same order same day placed on a advanced order.  I received them yesterday....the shipping/return label was printed long after 2/11 so I should be able to use the Q return label...correct??

Also they shipped these to me separately which is wasteful....so I am putting both pairs in same bag as returns.

I only opened the size 6 pair...while it fit in hips and waist ....one leg is about 1 inch shorter then the other.  I didn't open the size4 pair for obvious reason(size 6 fit so size 4 would be to small)...so I have no idea if they have the same problem or not.  

I was hoping a note about this could be placed on these jeans and I don't believe I should be charged a return fee for either of them.  I am correct??

Thank you for answering these questions.

@tsavorite I would call CS or ask a Mod. Sometimes they will let you send multiple items back in the same package with one return fee. Since you are already sending the defective pair back, they may say you can throw the other pair in the same package. If they do just make sure to check your refund to be sure you weren't charge a return label fee.

@Beth-QVC @Alice-QVC @Paulette-QVC @Melvin-QVC

Mods can one of you answer the OP's question.

QVC Customer Care

@tsavorite Thank you for posting. Hopefully you marked the return slip that the size 6 was defective.  Without seeing the item we are not in a position to label it defective, the warehouse will make that determination.

Susan Q-Social