Return was $30.00 less than what I paid?

[ Edited ]

Totally confused.. and upset.   I returned an item, and the price returned to me was over $30.00 less than what I paid..

v

Order Date:May 13, 2016

Order Total: $79.73

Refund Total: $46.19

Edited to removed personal info

Honored Contributor

Re: Return was $30.00 less than what I paid?

Was it on easy pay?????

Honored Contributor

And did you call customer service? Without knowing any more than is posted here no one can really offer you any advice. How much did it cost to ship the item?

Occasional Contributor

Did you purchase your item on ezpay?  If so, that's why.  It happened to me and I was only refunded the first ezpay payment.

Honored Contributor

@mrscarrigan  Please remove your order number ASAP from your post.  

The Mods here have access that without your posting it.   You can post the item number if you want or describe what it is but don't post your order number - not wise.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mrscarrigan

Unfortunately, you have not provided enough information for anyone on the forums to effectively help you.

What is the item number?  We can't look at your personal purchases via an order number.

How much was the original shipping?  Unless the item is defective, you lose that amount in your return.

Did you use the QVC return shipping label?  The fee for that will also be deducted from your return amount.

Was the item on EZ pay?  That could explain why your refund was less.

Did you return the item AFTER the 30 days?  Your order is dated May 13 and it is now July.  If so, you will lose additional amounts in your return.

A $30 reduction does seem high, so I would call Customer Service immediately to find out why that amount was reduced in your refund.

Then you can hash it out with them if any of the above is incorrect or they mishandled the return which is VERY possible and has happenend to me before.

Good luck.

QVC Customer Care

@mrscarrigan   I am taking a look at the order now. I will email you the details that will hopefully explain the refund amounts. 

Susan Q-Social

Honored Contributor

@Susan-QVC  Thanks for editing to remove the order number.

New Contributor

I just received a $2.09 refund on a $36.12 clothing purchase.  Customer Service did provide an explanation to me- the purchase was on easy pay, QVC deducted the $6.95 charge for using the return label (which I expected), and QVC also deducted the $3.00 I initially paid to have the item shipped to me.  This is due to a policy they quietly implemented last year.  I will be adjusting the amount and type of my future purchases accordingly.

Esteemed Contributor

The change to the outgoing shipping charge was disclosed completely via E mails and on the QVC website.  It was also discussed frequently on these forums.  While we don't like it there was nothing sneaky or underhanded about the implementation.