Respected Contributor

Re: Return was $30.00 less than what I paid?

@kaykay55 wrote:

I just received a $2.09 refund on a $36.12 clothing purchase.  Customer Service did provide an explanation to me- the purchase was on easy pay, QVC deducted the $6.95 charge for using the return label (which I expected), and QVC also deducted the $3.00 I initially paid to have the item shipped to me.  This is due to a policy they quietly implemented last year.  I will be adjusting the amount and type of my future purchases accordingly.

Yes, the new refund policy has been in place for about a year and a half.  It wasn't implemented quietly.  Emails were sent and the policy was announced on Q's page.  This change was made in conjunction with the implementation of lower shipping charges.

Honored Contributor

Re: Return was $30.00 less than what I paid?

@kaykay55 wrote:

I just received a $2.09 refund on a $36.12 clothing purchase.  Customer Service did provide an explanation to me- the purchase was on easy pay, QVC deducted the $6.95 charge for using the return label (which I expected), and QVC also deducted the $3.00 I initially paid to have the item shipped to me.  This is due to a policy they quietly implemented last year.  I will be adjusting the amount and type of my future purchases accordingly.

Think of it this way.... you've been purchasing for the past year and a half with reduced shipping and this is your first return.  That more than pays for the extra $3 you paid for a return.  I've saved with the reduced shipping charge since I don't return much.