Regular Contributor

Return processing still a mess

Moderator, how do I get someone to review my returns to make sure I have received the correct refunds and that easy pays have been cancelled? I have items that have been delivered to Ontario and they do not reflect a return status. I called customer service today regarding a return that never showed up as a return and easy pay continued to be collected. I don’t think customers should have to investigate their returns like this.

I have been a customer since 1990. I have never experienced this inept processing of returns. 

Future QVC orders will be limited to “reorders” of items I know I like. This is just too frustrating.

Super Contributor

Re: Return processing still a mess

I too have been  experiencing the same frustration with returns ...I had a few items that showed returns received almost 3 weeks ago...yet credits had not been processed..

I am finding myself calling more often looking for credits..

or for incorrect amount of credit given..

. Especially when I have paid to return the item ...

I would like to know what is going on at this new return location...

it was faster going from Arizona to the east Coast..

then it is going from Arizona to California 

Honored Contributor

I have the same problem.  Return has been delivered to Ontario and it is almost two weeks and no refund.  I am going to have to make a phone call I guess.  

Respected Contributor

It makes one just want to rush to order stuff, doesn't it? Woman Wink I know I'll stay away from ordering anything until Q get's its act together.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

It took them 26 days from the date they received my 2 returns until I got my refunds. That is entirely too long.

I need to make an exchange but I'm hesitant to deal with it. Who knows how long that would take?

I've also considered paying off some Easy Pays but I'm afraid it will only mess things up so I'll just leave things as is for now. sigh ... 

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

@TVLand wrote:

I too have been  experiencing the same frustration with returns ...I had a few items that showed returns received almost 3 weeks ago...yet credits had not been processed..

I am finding myself calling more often looking for credits..

or for incorrect amount of credit given..

. Especially when I have paid to return the item ...

I would like to know what is going on at this new return location...

it was faster going from Arizona to the east Coast..

then it is going from Arizona to California 

@TVLand.  I'm getting most of my orders from the Ontario, Ca., warehouse and I get them much faster than those shipped from Lancaster.  They miss that huge bottleneck at Hodgkins, Il. which adds 3 or 4 days to the transit time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I am in complete agreement.    I really feel sorry for the Customer Service agents who take the brunt of hearing this all the time.    It is the fault of corporate for not doing something about this. For not jumping in and coming up with a solution.    USPS is at the root cause of this IMO, I actually stand in line now with a Smart Label so I can get a scanned receipt which is a waste of my time.   But that is proof of the drop offs that are NOT being tracked.       I went farther and filed a USPS complaint who blames Newgistics or On Trac who picks up our packages and "does not scan them all the time"   per the Postmaster.         Brilliant.    So that does it for me.

This has become a nightmare to track returns that could easily be getting stolen or god knows where they end up.       UPS never had this issue as as least you could see your tracking easily.       Eventually this is going to hurt QVC as people just throw in the towel on ordering.          HSN mails out your merchandise and posts returns without problems.

SO what has happened to QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that returns processing is very slow and very frustrating. For the past few months, my approach has been to wait until the 10th day after the return package has been confirmed as being delivered to QVC (I feel like that's being patient enough!) and then to email the QVC social team and ask them to initiate my refund. It's an annoying extra step, but it works perfectly every time.

Valued Contributor

I read with much dismay what all the posters stated about getting their money refunded.  Unfortunately, QVC has continued to be non transparent regarding the returns.  After being a customer for 20 plus years and buy alot, I refused a few months ago to wait and wait for the "processing dept" to refund my money.  Eight weeks ago I called CS, and they happily processed all my refunds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why hasn't there been a notice on the website like the one they said "we are listening and sorry returns etc are taking so long."  They should haven given customers an alternative, but they didn't, so what they are doing is holding on to YOUR MONEY, WHILE YOU ARE LOSING MONEY BECAUSE INTEREST MOUNTS DAILY.  FYI, call customer service and have them refund your return.  This is how you do it. Make a copy of the return and when you go to the post office, get a receipt (individually, very important) if you have more than one return.  Immediately the day after I go to the post office I call CS and request my return.  They have a copy of their return label, and EVEN IF IT IS STILL SITTING IN THE POST OFFICE, THEY MUST REFUND YOU IMMEDIATELY, BECAUSE IT IS NOW OUT OF YOUR HANDS.  IF ANY CS STATES THEY CAN'T PROCESS UNTIL IT IS PICKED UP, THAN THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.  THIS IS WHAT I DO AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO.  UNFORTUNATELY IT TAKES 5-6 DAYS TO SEE IT ON YOUR CREDIT CARD, BUT IT IS BETTER THAN WAITING 3 PLUS WEEKS. 

Honored Contributor

It sounds like they also need to apologize for returns processing.  Smiley Sad