Respected Contributor

Re: Return fees

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE wrote:

I am quoting the customer service person to whom I spoke. She said she has had a lot of calls about this and explained just what I wrote--that QVC is now charging you a restocking fee (the rep's term)' which equals your original shipping charge. I had her repeat that twice. So, to try something, you pay the shipping to you and then if you return it, you not only pay return postage but they also deduct from your credit the total if their original shipping fee AGAIN. That is how I ended up with a $.42 credit on a pair of Isaac Mizrahi shoes that I bought on easy pay and tried on.

@libbyannE I'm just curious how much was your easy pay payment? As an example: if you purchased a pair of shoes that cost $25 + $5 S&H on 2 easy pays then you would've paid $15 as your first easy pay installment. If you returned the item back using the Q label for $6.95 you would only get back $3.05 (1st easy pay installment minus $5 shipping to you and $6.95 return fee). There is no restocking fee, the Q no longer refunds original shipping & handling. I think the confusion is when you use easy pay the shipping is divided up among your payments, but when you return the remaining shipping is deducted.

Honored Contributor

I think  OP is wrong.  The only NEW fee I paid when I did a return was the $3 shipping not being returned.  We always paid the return fee unless the error was QVC's. That has not changed.

I find it kind of funny that so many poster whine that a TSV is "only" $4 or $5 less than full price, but they seem to think $3 shipping is HUGE!  Someone needs to work on 4th grade math.

The good part of the new policy for me is that most of what I've been buying I keep and the shipping costs much less than it used to.

Respected Contributor

So if you return an item, they deduct the original shipping charge 2 times now from the refund? When you return the item, the original shipping charge is withheld from the refund, and then that shipping fee is charged again as a restocking fee? My goodness.  If so, this is a new policy that wasn't in effect when I returned items last week.  Hosts better start explaining the new policy about the additional restocking fee in addition to not getting back the original shipping cost. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, just WOW.....  I hope this isn't true because if it is.... I'll have to

adjust my purchases accordingly.  As it is I no longer buy much clothing,

no food and no shoes....

Wow. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Occasional Contributor

Re: Return fees

[ Edited ]

Yes' it's true. I returned 2 items I bought and I was paid back only items cost. Shipping and handling by QVC, also ship back came from my packet. I think one itme was TVS, and shipping was free (buy one get one free tablets before Holidays ), I was charged $11.22 plus $6.95 shipping back charge on return label

Honored Contributor

The OP straightened it out in her second post.

Ex.  Original shipping = $3, QVC return label = $6.95.  $9.95 will be deducted from the return. 

If you want a replacement, you will be charged $3 again.

Respected Contributor

I wish I were wrong. I've called QVC three times about this now  and learned the same thing each time. When you return something, you get the back the price you paid minus your return shipping, of course, and also minus the original shipping to you. One of the operators I talk to call that a restocking fee  but you can call it whatever you want. QVC quality has gone down so much that  I have returned many things lately and do not plan to be buying as much as I once did. And I just can't afford to get $.42 back just because I tried on a pair of shoes. I checked back with customer service again after reading these other posts, and they confirmed that my $.42 credit was in fact correct as was my math. 

Respected Contributor

So they withhold the original shipping fee only once?  That's fine, they've been doing that for nearly a year. That's old news. As long as they don't withhold it twice (one being a restocking fee), I'm OK with the policy.

Esteemed Contributor

By not refunding the original shipping fee, I always felt  we are being punished for returning the item.  jmo

Contributor

I know how you feel Libby.  I broke down and ordered a Dooney TSV and had to send it back.  Was a lovely looking handbag, but I could not get my hands in it comfortably (opening too small, handle in the way).  Paid $11.42 original S&H and then $8,75 to return it.  I was sooo disappointed in myself to pay over $20 to look at it!!!  I am very careful of what I order now, therefore I don't buy that much.