Valued Contributor

Keep an eye on your refunds, folks!  I sent back a pair of shoes, and instead of refunding me for the pair I returned, they refunded me for the pair I kept (which, of course, were less expensive). 

I called customer service, and she "reported it" but could not help me.  She said that they would look into it (how are they going to figure out now which one I returned???) and that I would then be charged back for the erroneous return and credited for the correct return within 5 days but would not provide any feedback or call me to let me know it was done. 

Now I have to watch my bank account and figure out if and when all of these charges/credits are being made.  It's driving me bonkers trying to track information related to returns.  When mistakes are made it's even worse.  It wouldn't be so bad but lately sizing is all over the place.  There's no consistency. 

Sorry for the griping but I needed to vent.

Annoyed,

Belle

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree!   We, as the customer should not be having to do their job for them.  How difficult is it to process a return and give a credit?  It's not brain surgery!

Honored Contributor

Everyone makes mistakes.I always check everything over including things I am responsible for.People just don't seem to take the time or have the time to get things right in the first place.Iknow it is a pain to have to watch but it is your money to manage so IMO nobody does it better.

Honored Contributor

@Belle_Femme

SInce you posted this in the Customer Care forum, I'm sure that one of the excellent Mods will chime in shortly to help you!

If not, copy this post and email it to QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com (with the order #'s involved) and you will usually get a quick response!

Adding the Mods to the forums is the best thing since sliced bread, IMO!

They always try to help and very promptly, IMO!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

Hi @Belle_Femme I checked the order and a customer service representative has sent this to the Finance Department. They are the only ones that can correct this issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Honored Contributor

See? @Alice-QVC to the rescue! Heart

At least she can expedite this for you!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Belle_Femme- I know "stuff happens", but I'm just curious how they refunded a different item?  Were the shoes on the same order?  Were they on the same prepaid return label (if you used that)?

I always understood that the return label had a barcode they scanned which identified the item being returned.  And was there nowhere on the return slip (the portion you rip off the invoice) that allowed you to indicate which pair was being returned?

Very puzzling.  It's something I've never run into, so I'm wondering if this is something we could all learn from.  If they were two completely different pairs of shoes, there should've been something for the staff in the warehouse to identify.

Esteemed Contributor

WOW,the attitude they have taken is very POOR  customer service!!!!!

Contributor

I just posted om "Exchanges" about my duplicae shipments. I am so disgusted with this.

New Contributor

This DOES happen. About a year ago (I think it was last spring), I ordered 6 items at one time. 3 pairs of pant and 3 jackets. The pants were around $10-$15 each and the jackets were about $40 each. I had matched them up as sets. One of the jackets didn't fit properly so I returned it. They credited my account for 1 pair of pants. I called customer service and the woman said she'd look into it and fix it. When I checked my account again, she had removed the credit for the pants, but instead of crediting me for the jacket, she did a return on another pair of pants. I called back and spoke with a supervisor. She said she had to speak with someone in accounting(?) or some department, to have them make the correction. After checking my account a week later, they had removed the return from the pants and put it on the THIRD pair of pants. I emailed and called and was assured it would be corrected and was told that the mix-up probably was because they were shipped together under the same label and the return label was the same. Well after calling for a few months, it is now almost a year later and the pants return STILL shows up on my order page, and the jacket is STILL not showing as a return. I finally got so fed up I eventually gave up. I've been dealing with an serious and just don't have the stamina to keep fighting with them. I was so disappointed. I've been a customer of QVC and HSN since they started and I'll still purchase from them because I love their products, but there are times....(smh).