Valued Contributor

I didn't know where to post this, since I don't need "help", but, for what it's worth, QVC should know that the quality of many items lately seems to be very poor. I have returned more items in the last 6 months than I think I have in the entirety of my time shopping with QVC. Example, I just received a pair of Vionic slip ons the other day that I purchased on clearance. Put them on, day 1, sooooo comfortable. I went online to purchase 3 more pairs as they are exactly what I'm looking for. Then, out of the blue, literally while I'm walking in them, the right shoe stretches out, for no apparent reason. Now it's loose and flip flops when I walk, yet the left still seems fine. I canceled the other orders, because I don't need a pile of half stretched shoes, and even on clearance they are too expensive not to function for more than 2 days. 

This is just 1 of many examples. Although there is an overall decline in quality from other retailers as well (the manufacturers really), so I know it's not just Q, the items I've gotten from the Q seem to be much more noticable. When it's bad, it's BAD. 

I really don't want to send yet another item back, but I can't see paying $60 for a 1/2 pair of shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

I think you have to pay close attention to the material shoes are made of.  Did they say 'leather' or 'man-made' or 'fabric of some kind.  The price should give you a clue.........real good leather doesn't go for $49.95 unless it's an ugly one.

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I think you have to pay close attention to the material shoes are made of.  Did they say 'leather' or 'man-made' or 'fabric of some kind.  The price should give you a clue.........real good leather doesn't go for $49.95 unless it's an ugly one.

They aren't leather, they are man made "micro suede" , light, which is what I wanted. They have elastic around the top, which, yes, over time would stretch out...but day 2?

Honored Contributor

JMO, but I think the quality of all companies has gone down. Lower quality materials , and different standards in countries of origin.  It diesn’t Seem to matter the cost, so the old you get what you pay for adage doesn’t always apply. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
QVC Customer Care

Hi @Quse  thank you for sharing your feed back with us I will be sure to pass it along to our management team. 

Also if you need help with the order for the shoes that stretched out let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Quse  thank you for sharing your feed back with us I will be sure to pass it along to our management team. 

Also if you need help with the order for the shoes that stretched out let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Honored Contributor

"QVC should know that the quality of many items lately seems to be very poor."

Absolutely!  There have been enough complaints in Reviews in the past for QVC to sit up and take notice!  One would think any retailer would be concerned about losing sales, losing customers, and paying for to and return shipping. 

My experience has been a luck of the draw.  I may get a good one or a bad one.  Of late, it's been a 50/50 chance.  Of course, those who purchased a lot of products were more likely to see the problem.

Send those shoes back!  It's the only way to let QVC and Vionic know the products being sold are unsatisfactory.

QVC's Customer Care will tell you your complaint will be sent to management, but not much has been done, evidenced by the downward spiral.  

Valued Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Thank you Alice.

Valued Contributor

I will be sending them back. Foolishly, I ordered another pair, in the off chance that it was just this pair. Normally, I wouldn't be so stupid, but these shoes are so, so comfortable and exactly what I've trying to find. I'm hoping it was just the 1 pair....we'll see.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been very disappointed in the quality of Q products.  Clothes sizing is way off; items break within one or two uses; description/presentation of the item is nowhere near the reality of the item....just so many negatives!!  

I have enjoyed the convenience of buying on QVC, but I will be purchasing fewer products on QVC.  I never used to return purchases years back when I first started with the Q.   But lately, I am returning way more than ever; not something I want to deal with anymore. 

Quality is way down and so then is the Value!!!