Respected Contributor

Re: QUESTION USING REFUND LABEL?

When I inquired about sending items back I was informed that you can send more than one item in the same box just ensure the items were going to the same returns location (I could tell by the return label address)...i.e. jewelry went to one location, home items were sent to another location, and clothing to another. If the item was damaged I used the return label while just grouping other items (especially jewelry) in the same box and shipping at my expense. I am happy to say I have rarely had to return a large ticket item. 

Contributor

Thank you Kim.
I will send an email with the order numbers.
Thank you for your assistance! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No that is not correct. You only used 1 of Q's return labels???

I ordered 2 pieces of clothing when Q had free shipping to see how they fit. They were humongous so I returned them. I received them in 1 bag & returned them in the same bag using 1 return label. Q did charge me for 2 return labels. I called CS & told them they shipped it to me in 1 bag & I returned it in 1 bag & was only paying 1 return label charge because that's all I used. They credited me back for the other return label charge.

That's BS you need to call Q & tell them you only used 1 label. If Q is doing that I would not order a ****** thing from them.

If you had taken your box to the post office & paid for your own label to ship back 1 box Q cannot turn around & charge you return shipping on each item.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad that Moderator Kim is helping the OP with this issue; I typically have had no problems with returning multiple items to the same address in the same package and only having the Q label fee deducted once.

However, the items the OP lists as being sent back together seem odd to me—based on my experience, I would guess that items like shoes or a coat or blanket (depending on the size, of course) would not qualify for the $6.95 label like the blouse would, and I'm not sure they'd all be headed to the same destination for return processing. For example, when I recently returned a jacket, it had the $10.95 label because it was quite heavy and bulky, and I'm fairly sure the shoes I returned about a year ago had the $8.95 label, again due to the weight of the item. Perhaps the problem encountered by the OP is due to the types and weights of the return items, not the return label and process (though I definitely agree that there are often issues with them).

Contributor

I returned six items on one box paying my own shipping, but I taped the barcode of my order number for each item on the box. That way they could see the barcodes for all six items right away. (The barcodes are right on the label you use when you ship the item back on your own)

I did not know you could combine items in one box and use one of their smart lables and only be charged once. I just assumed the charge for the one label was based on the weight for the one item so I didn't even try. That would have been cheapter.

I still have not seen any refunds processed so I'm not sure if this is faster or not. I do know the package got to QVC because of the tracking number.

Contributor

From the Customer Service & FAQs link:

How do I return multiple items with one return label?

We want to keep the return process as easy as possible!

You can return as many of the items that arrived together in one box with the one return label you received, and you'll only be charged for one return label fee.

• To return items from different shipments at one time, you can use one box and one return label as well.
  • To print a replacement return label, go to the Order Status page on QVC.com.
Contributor

@MSUSpartan155 wrote:

From the Customer Service & FAQs link:

How do I return multiple items with one return label?

We want to keep the return process as easy as possible!

You can return as many of the items that arrived together in one box with the one return label you received, and you'll only be charged for one return label fee.

• To return items from different shipments at one time, you can use one box and one return label as well.
  • To print a replacement return label, go to the Order Status page on QVC.com.

It would be better if they specifically said under the first bullet that you would only be charged for the one return label fee in this situation as well. Why distinguish between items in the same order or not if there is no difference in how they handle the return label fee. It's just not clear to me the way it is written.

Honored Contributor

QVC seriously has problems with their return policy.  They need to get EVERYONE who handles returns on the same plate...... it one person says it is this way... and another person says it is another way... and the moderators  say no it is this way.... nothing is getting fixed.  FIX THE SYSTEM... do not make customers have to call and notify three or four different people to fix a mistake that QVC should not be making... and making ON THIS RETURN ISSUE  for many many years now.

QVC have a meeting with everyone who talks to customers   and who handles the returns  about how the returns are processed... get everyone together and talk about this.

This issue with return overcharges is just getting ridiculous and has been going on now for years. 

FIX IT.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I was told that items from two  different shipments could  NOT be sent back in one box.

Now it seems this has changed when they pack a variety of of orders in one box It is ok. Then some customers get charged for each item anyway. I am lucky not to have to return much, usually damaged or defective items. The warehouses are not on board?

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom

Have you found it necessary to alert the people who receive the parcel that multiple items are inside?

Not sure what the most expedient way to do this would be?

@LTT1, if I am returning more than one item in a box, I always write on the package in black marker how many items are enclosed so they can catch it.   I've never had an issue.