Esteemed Contributor
Accepted Solution

QUESTION TO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Customer Service: Question- 

Finally have my somewhat 'nic' back .... but hav it appearing to ( be) by adding the number 1 after.

Also, most importantly,

I have COME BACK ON 'without having to sign on' Is this something new?

I have tried closing off  7 times completely, but when I go to Home Page, then to forums....

There is my nic at the top right.  

Will my nic stay in that position even when I am not logged in?

------- Example: a poster views my name and posts to me,and I am not on- would that be questionable to that poster, if I'm not answering? 

To have my name, as was, from 2011 that was changed in 2015 when the format changed - from the original fromthe 2011/ the former.

I followed good suggestions...and have gotten that far.

AND!! to even retrieve  'That'  small task was by adding [ 1 ] after my NIC,i.e. by answering secure questions, typing in my email address 20+ times.

I would like my NIC as WAS  WITHOUT THE 1 after the nic. 

Is that to be even accomplished?

Again, my NIC is on continuously; I do NOT have to __SIGN IN, now.

Is every poster the same as mine with a

-----NO SIGN IN? 

Thank you,             

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QUESTION TO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

@NAES1I'm not sure if this will help with your question, but today it took me at least 6 times to log on to the community on a couple of occassions.  I log on and go do something else, come back and I'm automatically logged off. 

I also had to log on in a new looking screen to the main part of QVC, then re-enter my password when I clicked on the forums to get to the forums. 

Having said all of that 1. try clearing your cache/cookies and then try to log out.  2.Close your browser, 3. relanuch browser 4. come back to QVC and see if that does the trick.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset,

Thank you very much.

I definitely will try.

Actually, (darn lucky here) since being here occasionally recently, along with not that many posts from 2011, I have not had the web site problems that apparently most did through the past three years. 

This software has presented many different fouls, the WONKY stuff, it seems, many times.

I never needed to have reason asking a question c/o mods or customer service before, but sure am concerned not having to sign on, viewing my nic...as I AM HERE when I am immediately on. 

NAES

7.02.'21

Again thank  Smiley Happy you.  NAES 

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset ......

I had asked my husband to double check every single (on my pc) possibility clearing out cache/cookies--

to privacy, along with zooming through browser; unfortunately my name remains at the top. 

His smart phone was free & clear, but I'm here with the name still showing W/O signing on, or a password. Of course he's not ever been on this site.

Simply said: it is in their software -- Woman Surprised Oh No. 

I've seen this WONKY Internet behave very badly, swiftly understand your frustration trying to either try to, or log in that many times.

Thank you very much- talk w/you on another forum.

I was not the only one that went through ..

Change The Name ID marathon.

Some received just numbers. 

N A E S

Esteemed Contributor

You are very welcome.  I hope it will utlimately work itself out.  They usually do but, as you stated, can be very frustrating.

See you around the boards!!!

Have a great holiday, in case I don't run into you..........

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@NAES1  and moderators, this morning when I was going to sign in I was already signed in, too.  Very strange.  It doesn't really bother me though.  It's better than yesterday morning when I couldn't get in at all for several hours.  Of course, no one else could either.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NAES1,

This is another problem I've noticed and I feel it is a significant issue.

I can log out, leave the site, and later return and see that I'm logged in.  It's happening with my iPad and my Mac, no matter what browser I use (I've tried several).

The only way to assure that I'm completely logged out is to

1 -- sign out

and then

2 -- immediately delete browser cookies/history/cache/website data.

This is a problem -- when we log out of a website we need to know our session was completely, totally terminated, and at the moment this isn't always happening.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Logged in since yesterday morning. Doesn´t bother me. Some posters were bothered about having to log in everytime. Hope they like it this way.

Works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NAES1,

This is another problem I've noticed and I feel it is a significant issue.

I can log out, leave the site, and later return and see that I'm logged in.  It's happening with my iPad and my Mac, no matter what browser I use (I've tried several).

The only way to assure that I'm completely logged out is to

1 -- sign out

and then

2 -- immediately delete browser cookies/history/cache/website data.

This is a problem -- when we log out of a website we need to know our session was completely, totally terminated, and at the moment this isn't always happening.

______________________________________from NAES.

BIG MISTAKE, QVC:::: I order zero now, while my security is out there. 

@dooBdoo

@dooBdoo ,

I spent over 3 hours Friday and 1 hour Saturday to rid all cache/ cookies/ ads/ history/ removing {*almost} all  apps in browser- ,but not 100% deleting total Browser.

My husband checked everything possible after what I assumed would be a success.

You are ON SPOT CORRECT, the nic stays FROZEN once I click on....that bothers me as.... ""YES"" a significant problem as >> NEVER-NEVER HAVING__ to sign on.

( FORUMS should be totally non existent if ordering  a simple replacement to an air filter ( as example ).

Anyone can get IN.

Website data history is a click away without my Pass Word or email. Absolutely! SHOWS EVERY TIME.

The only way to have ZERO showing is to SHUT pc/ phone ```O F F !  POWER OFF!

I do (DO) believe this WAS BECAUSE of so  MANY  lazy posters in a hurry not wanting to sign in, nor

(COULD not sign on).

These PROBLEMS in their system  have been a huge negative for several years, but nothing remotely close as this one.

? Why a few and not everyone having your problem, and almost the same as mine.

{ You are KNOWN as an [ IT ] guru since I have been on}.

I have not been on (I know it wasn't me) IF.. since Friday when I noticed the fouled up system possibly around Wednesday of last __four days ago__.

I apologise for not being on sooner.

I had thought with a detailed message by now to Customer Service, the red flag would alert someone to correct this.

I do want what (takes time) to sign in with my knowledge, nor do I want my new NAES1, although with the foul UP - immediately  ( was the 1st older one from 2011, then the frustration of not having what [THEY] created in 2015 as NAES. I became us to that After 2015.

I obliged by keeping the nic of NAES, then THIS happened and I am not comfortable without the SECURITY. 

So far by typing this NOW, 2 different pop ups JUST appeared- by alerting me to try Font size, then do the Spoiler???

"........if that's not a definite QVC 's -----YOU HAVE A SCRAMBLED SYSTEM,----or SOMEONE HAS NO IDEA what they are doing, I can't explain any simpler.

dooBdoo, thank YOU very much. I have learned 100%+ more from you from 9.5 years ago.

My husband said I'm super skillful and with that skill ....better than he is. 

If I can operate  M A N Y  LIFE  SAVING ( in hospital) machines, surely [THEY] can zoom in and read each complaint ......... NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. 

As my husband said, very in tune with the counrty !- ! -!

I will have husband to DELETE COMPLETE BROWSER. 

hugs to you,Heart  NAES   

Woman Surprised I had my 1st and only headaches since this began. Suppose this could escalate to a MIGRAINE for a better choice of words -IF- I were to be on 24/7 as many others. 

Robot Mad Robot Embarassed Robot surprised

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

Logged in since yesterday morning. Doesn´t bother me. Some posters were bothered about having to log in everytime. Hope they like it this way.

Works for me.

@Sage04  I would like it that way, at least until the sign-in problems are solved, but one thing is guaranteed, we aren't all experiencing the same thing!! I was logged out this morning and held my breath that I'd get back in. Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...